Range Finder Warranty

milobloom

Reaction score
Handicap
My 17 year old non-slope Bushnell still works but I’m ready for an upgrade. Noticed many good products now available but warranties vary. Cobalt is lifetime. Really? Precision Pro 3 years. Shot Scope only 2 (and I really like the looks of the ZR). Nikon 5 years. Bushnell only 2 as well. Voice Caddie a measly 1 year!

Anyone actually dealt with warranty claims with any of these companies and if so what was your experience?

Was back and forth between ZR and NX10 but Cobslt Q4 might be the winner just on support.

I have only dealt with 2 warranty claims personally and everybody else could have had other experiences.
1 Bushnell, I had to send in $10 or something along with the unit. That was awful. I hope with new ownership that isnt still a thing.
2 Precision Pro, I struggled with this one.

I have not had to deal with any customer service since switching to Shot Scope lasers, but can say that at least they have a presence on THP for those that might have an issue.

I love my Precision Pro. My original went haywire after 1 year. They just sent me a new one. It was easy peazy.

The length of the warranty has, in most cases, little to do with the quality of a product. It’s usually something the marketing department uses to help sell units. People often make decisions based on the length of the warranty. Longer warranties are an added expense for the company and a cost of doing business.

The length of the warranty has, in most cases, little to do with the quality of a product. It’s usually something the marketing department uses to help sell units. People often make decisions based on the length of the warranty. Longer warranties are an added expense for the company and a cost of doing business.
Completely agree. I work for a large IT company and know what you mean.

The "lifetime" warranty for Cobalt sounds nice, but I don't like that you can only display slope or non-slope yardage (not both) and a lifetime warranty is only good if company is still in business. I am very pleased Shot Scope X5 (and previously H4) customer and the ZR looks like a good product.

I like to buy items to last. Difficult these days, everything is now made to be upgraded. I am skeptical this next purchase will last as long as the old Bushnell has.

I had a Bushnell fail one month out of warranty over a decade ago and they told me I was out of luck and it would be cheaper to buy a new one. I haven’t considered buying a product from Bushnell since. The two other Nikon, Leupold, and Cobalt rangefinders that we have in the various golf bags in our family have never had any issues. They anywhere from 7 to less than a year old. I’m a huge fan of the form factor, size, and optical quality of the Leupold and the Nikon Coolshot 50i that I just picked up on eBay for $110 would be a close second.

I had a Leupold that went kaput well after the warranty. I contacted them, they asked me to send it to them, and a week or so later they sent me the latest model at no charge.

Lifetime on Vortex and they are known as being one of the most forgiving warranty providers in the entire optics industry.

Back