So one time i was joined by this guy who was about 80yrs old,
I was paired with a 95 year old a few years ago. He walked and carried his bag (5 clubs), and teed off from the beginning of the fairway. He was a hoot and had a lot of good stories to tell. Weather permitting he played nine holes every day.

I've known Megan Khang (LPGA Tour) since she was 10 years old. One day we were on the first tee, playing the black tees. It was me, Meg, her father, and a mutual friend. Meg was around 14 years old at the time. We were getting ready to tee off and a 4some pulls up behind us. They see Meg playing from the back tees, start rolling their eyes and mumbling. She hit her tee shot around 240 right down the middle. The look on their faces was priceless.
This is fantastic. I can’t imagine all the stories she (and all the other LPGA players) must have.

This is fantastic. I can’t imagine all the stories she (and all the other LPGA players) must have.
She played quite a bit of junior golf with Allisen Corpuz, and Allisen would occasionally visit Meg and play our home course. There was also an East versus West Ryder Cup type tournament every year at a very nice club in my area. Brooke Henderson played it a few times, and she was usually paired with Meg as they were the two best golfers in the tournament. It was fun walking down the fairway and watching them go head to head. Seth Waugh usually made an appearance, along with Billy Andrade.

There were a lot of local junior tournaments in our area and when Meg was around 13 she started playing with the boys. She played in her first US Women's Open when she was 14. Being on the course with her is a lot of fun. Even as a young teen she played a game I had no familiarity with.

On another forum someone asked if a 4HI could beat an LPGA Tour player. First, I laughed my *ss off when I saw that, and then told the OP that a 4HI beating an LPGAT pro would be like a 15HI beating a scratch golfer.

She played quite a bit of junior golf with Allisen Corpuz, and Allisen would occasionally visit Meg and play our home course. There was also an East versus West Ryder Cup type tournament every year at a very nice club in my area. Brooke Henderson played it a few times, and she was usually paired with Meg as they were the two best golfers in the tournament. It was fun walking down the fairway and watching them go head to head. Seth Waugh usually made an appearance, along with Billy Andrade.

There were a lot of local junior tournaments in our area and when Meg was around 13 she started playing with the boys. She played in her first US Women's Open when she was 14. Being on the course with her is a lot of fun. Even as a young teen she played a game I had no familiarity with.

On another forum someone asked if a 4HI could beat an LPGA Tour player. First, I laughed my *ss off when I saw that, and then told the OP that a 4HI beating an LPGAT pro would be like a 15HI beating a scratch golfer.

Haha , the 4HI threads are amazing. To be fair though that one got so thoroughly mocked that an entire sub-genre of joke threads got started because of it

A few years ago before the Morgan Cup I got paired with a couple of ladies. One of them played college ball and spent a little time on tour. Eventually I explained the Morgan Cup and asked for advice about handling nerves. Generally, her answer was in the realm of it’s just for fun, your life and ability to pay your bills isn’t on the line, you still have a family that loves you, etc. Several holes later I hit a horrific shot. A real stinker. From the other side of the fairway she yelled “Your wife still loves you!” I yelled something back like “She wasn’t here to see how bad that was, so maybe.” We all had a good laugh.

Caught up with 3 20 somethings. They asked if I wanted to join them because there was nowhere to go. These guys were STONED. Really mellow, but it was Sunday afternoon and easy keeping up. First time I teed off with them, one guys sounding just like Tommy Chong says "Wow, this old dude can really smoke it!" I almost died laughing right there on the tee.....

Back