R11s, adapter stuck , can't remove driver head!

uman

Oldest guy in the room
Reaction score
Handicap
back srg'y
Any suggestions, thinking about spraying WD 40 IN LOOSE ADAPTER SCREW AREA, PLACING CLUB UPSIDE DOWN FOR A BIT AND THEN FAIRLY GENTLY TAPPING BOTTOM OF HEAD DOWN ON GRASS TO SEE IF THIS FREES IT UP. The screw is completely loose but can't move shaft up and out, no movement at all.

i had the same problem with my r11. Put the screw in one or two threads then get a smaller screwdriver and put it in to the screw and gently tap it with a hammer and by gently i mean just enough to loosen the shaft

I would think some spray would do the trick. If not, maybe a slight bit of heat?

i had the same problem with my r11. Put the screw in one or two threads then get a smaller screwdriver and put it in to the screw and gently tap it with a hammer and by gently i mean just enough to loosen the shaft

Was yours wedged in really tight and I MEAN REALLY TIGHT WITH NO HINT OF MOVEMENT. The w40 spray and fairly hard dropping of head to carpet to get shaft vibrations was no t a success. When you say small screwdriver I assume you mean a mini screw driver as opposed to a small Philips thingy- please clear that up. I suppose I NEED TO SEE HOW MUCH I like the setting it is on. I HAVE A 9 DEGREE R11 S which I ALWAYS HAD ON HIGHER = 10.5. Been that way for long while mainly because did not want to change the shaft orientation.

Wanted to lower loft slightly, what I SHOUILD HAVE DONE was put it in the setting between standard and higher = 9.75 degree setting, that would be perfect. In my haste I put the adapter in the second of the the three settings between higher and lower stupidly thinking this was 10 degrees, but after the fact discovered that all of these settings are upright settings between higher and lower. and not sure what that really gives me on loft other than being upright.

Called TM CUSTOMER SERVICE, THEY ADVISED THE SECOND OF THE 3 UPRIGHT SETTINGS BETWEEN HIGHER AND LOWER ON A 9.0 DEGREE = 9.0 UPRIGHT. They also said the first upright setting next to lower =8.5 degrees up and first upright setting next to higher = 9.5 degrees up. If I can't get the thing loose this is going to be a case of the setting playing mind games with me since it is not where I want to be, even though it seems okay. But my mind keeps telling me I want it to be at 9.75 , that is a problem.

Last edited:
Sell on EBay or trade at local store.

Buy a BioCell...Problem solved.

If WD40 doesn't work try some liquid wrench or other penetrating oil. If light tapping on the ground or the other techniques don't work try putting the grip in a padded vice and lightly tapping on the wrapped head with a dead blow hammer. It's titanimum and the forces on a struck ball are huge.

This method worked, easy fix, problem solved. Thanks to Nestman and all who chimed in.

Back