Mark_UK

Legal Alien
Reaction score
Handicap
NCGA 12.8
Didn’t see that coming! After my disastrous CC fitting the other week, I stumbled across an ad for a local PXG fitting. Never considered them before due to their ridiculous pricing, but now they are more competitive, I thought why not, give em a whirl. They were down at the range at a local place, which meant to I got to hit off grass and see the ball flight, always a massive bonus. I’d read good reviews about their fittings, and gotta say, I was super impressed. They have a great fitting system so that when you look down at the club, it’s a normal looking club rather than seeing a big nut on the hosel. Obviously, there is the weight that can be dialled in on the club head, and at least for me, they had the shafts I like. Ended up ordering a set of the gen 6 XP for a bit of help, 2 degrees weak to get the ball and spin up a little with mmt shafts half an inch short (basically the xps built to p spec). No sales pressure at all, and the clubs felt really good. I’ve been in the camp that mocked PXG a little in the past, but have to say, really impressed with the company after today’s experience. I’ll probably go back in a couple of months and check out the driver options.

Congrats on the new clubs. I had a fitting last Friday with PXG and my experience was similar to yours. I did the full bag fitting, I hit my irons well but struggled with my driver. My fitter was awesome, very patient with me and never tried to up sell anything. I purchased irons, Gen 6 P, 4-GW. I couldn't put a good swing on the driver and Jay, my fitter, suggested forgetting the driver for now and come back another time. The whole experience was great and I will definitely be going back when I get my driver swing worked out.
The new irons will be here Monday!

I had a terrific PXG driver fitting last June and got the Gen 6 driver with the Motore X F3 shaft. It is only a matter of time before I go back for an iron fitting, with my interest being in the Gen 6 P with the UST Recoil shafts that I seem to get along with the best. Of course, the fitting will determine if what I think will work will ultimately be the best for me.

I’ve done the Black Ops driver challenge and an iron fitting with PXG within the past month. The guys in Cincinnati are great to work with. The iron fitting turned into a full bag fitting since we got the irons figured out fast. Like you said, no pressure to buy and they didn’t even charge me anything for the fitting. I haven’t bought anything yet but I’m still contemplating the irons. I didn’t really gain any distance, maybe a couple yards, but the consistency was so much better with the PXG’s than my Mizuno’s. I was fit into the XP’s -1”, standard loft, 2* up, DG 120 stiff flex soft stepped once.

Last edited:
Congrats to both of you for being open minded enough to try PXG.
They certainly get lots of hate around here BUT they make some really nice feeling clubs.

I hope you Gentlemen enjoy your new stix!

My irons came in today. They look great and feel good in my hands. I took a few swings in the yard and hit the ball well. I'm heading to the range tomorrow to give them a good work out, but I think I'm really going to like them.

My irons came in today. They look great and feel good in my hands. I took a few swings in the yard and hit the ball well. I'm heading to the range tomorrow to give them a good work out, but I think I'm really going to like them.
Awesome. Mine are in the build stage. Don’t think I’ll get them for this weekend, but hopefully for the next.

I was getting ready to schedule my iron fitting, but I see my preferred shaft, the UST Recoil shafts, are no longer listed in senior flex. Without paying for an upgrade, the MMT shafts don't interest me, as I had them in a set of 0211DC irons and really didn't care for them.

My good buddy has gone through two full PXG fittings in the last two years and has spent at least $3K each time (Heroes pricing) and has nothing but great things to say about the fitting process.

I like my Gen6 XP Double black set.
Fitting experience was great as well

Ok, if these clubs work for me on the course, I’ll probably do something I’ve never done before and kit my whole bag out with the same manufacturer. I obviously sang the company’s praises during my fitting. Now they’ve impressed me again with the speed of their delivery. Fit on Saturday, custom fit clubs in my hands the following Friday. Look great in the bag too. I even love how they were packaged LOL. I’m becoming a fan boy. If they preform on the course, I can see me at least getting a fitting session for driver, hybrids. And who knows, even putter LOL.

Ok, if these clubs work for me on the course, I’ll probably do something I’ve never done before and kit my whole bag out with the same manufacturer. I obviously sang the company’s praises during my fitting. Now they’ve impressed me again with the speed of their delivery. Fit on Saturday, custom fit clubs in my hands the following Friday. Look great in the bag too. I even love how they were packaged LOL. I’m becoming a fan boy. If they preform on the course, I can see me at least getting a fitting session for driver, hybrids. And who knows, even putter LOL.
I think you are going to love them! I played my first round with my irons yesterday and they were awesome. Probably the best I have consistently hit my irons, and the ball just jumps off the club face. The guys I was playing with were impressed with them, I believe a couple are going to set up a fitting with PXG.
Now that I'm hitting my driver better, I'm definitely going back for Driver, 3 wood and hybrid.

I keep putting off an iron fitting for the PXGs, but the way you guys keep talking about how they perform may push me over the edge! I assume all of you got Gen 6?

I keep putting off an iron fitting for the PXGs, but the way you guys keep talking about how they perform may push me over the edge! I assume all of you got Gen 6?
Yes sir, 0311 P Gen 6. I think you will really like them.

Yes sir, 0311 P Gen 6. I think you will really like them.
Since I like a smaller head (been using Apex irons for three generations - all with the Recoil shafts), the Gen 6 "P" with the Recoil shafts is what I am hoping provides the best performance when I finally go in for my fitting.

Have done two iron fittings with them, once in Huntsville at the Ledges GC range and one in Kauai (shout out Camden at Puakea GC). Both times were younger guys, seemed like former college players and happy to be working in the golf business. Trackman setup and very knowledgeable about the numbers. Got to hit all the latest gear at the time to include irons and woods. Never got pressured for a sale and they ended up not charging me for the sessions either. I could get Hero's pricing, but have not made a PXG purchase yet. Highly recommend the fitting just to check them out and hit the gear.

Well.... I scheduled my driver, 3 wood and hybrid fitting for next Friday. After the way I've been hitting my irons the past week, I'm ready for the big guns!

Well.... I scheduled my driver, 3 wood and hybrid fitting for next Friday. After the way I've been hitting my irons the past week, I'm ready for the big guns!
I have scheduled a driver fitting for next month. If it’s half as good as the irons, the credit card will be out LOL.

I have scheduled a driver fitting for next month. If it’s half as good as the irons, the credit card will be out LOL.
I believe you will like it. When I did my first fitting, I couldn't hit my driver at all, but I was getting some good ball speed numbers, even with some bad swings. I'm swinging it better now so I'm ready to go.

Last edited:
Back