Puma Formation Lightweight Stand Bag

Damaikis

Fairway Finder
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.2
When I was wandering around the PGA SS, there were a lot of things that impressed or surprised me, though the thing that stood out to me the most for some reason was the Puma bag section. Obviously it was very colorful, and that drew me in initially, though when I looked closer, the quality and build of the bags really impressed me. A fair portion of the display was devoted to the Formation Lightweight Stand Bag, and after looking at it, I am confident that this will be my next bag. The have great color options, and have everything I would look for in a quality stand bag. It has a four or five-way top (seemingly depending on the color of the bag) and was one of the lightest bags I've ever picked up. The black bag had a four-way top, though all the other colors had five-way dividers. It had ample storage space for a bag of its size and weight, and was just very efficiently built. Priced at $129.99 in retail, it won't hit the wallet too hard either. I took some pictures which will hopefully show what I'm talking about.

B737257B-5318-418A-BFBE-97F359CAC2E9-8072-0000036ECD9F0C24.jpg

7C97F237-38F7-4A4E-9254-D8F8D3DCFF21-8072-0000036EC44423B8.jpg

72C4F394-596F-4E57-84FD-3E30509653DD-8072-0000036ED7A1229C.jpg

AA933A60-E7A6-4CE5-A44E-6000BC363A95-8072-0000036EDF4B4D72.jpg

There are even more color options, though the ones shown where the only ones they had in the store. I put it on my back and it was very comfortable. You can see the pad on the side plus the inside of the straps is very comfortable. Overall, Puma really impressed me with this offering. I'm not sure when my next bag will be purchased, but I am all but assured that this will be it barring anything new that is spectacular.

Thanks for sharing! Bags look great.

I almost grabbed one of those in orange at Dick's when I got my C-130, it's nice looking light carry bag that's for sure.

Interesting, is there a purpose to the cavity of the bag being square? Not sure I've seen that before.

Im liking the White/Gray and red one

Interesting, is there a purpose to the cavity of the bag being square? Not sure I've seen that before.

My guess is that it will keep the clubs from shifting around too much. On a round lipped bag, all of the clubs lump together especially in the bottom divider. I wouldn't think it would make a big difference though. Or maybe it's just to be different, Puma style.

I actually really like these. Nice find Dam

I like the color scheme of the last one. Price is pretty good too.

I would have to think the square vs circular design gives more space overall for your clubs. Would be interested to read thoughts once someone puts it into play.

I agree with jank. It's puma style.

The white ones look sharp, but man they'd be tough to keep clean.

really like what Puma is doing...brightening up the game that is for sure...thanks for sharing the photos.

Awesome, thanks for sharing, it's amazing how many color options Puma gives on all their products, lookin' really good!!!

thanks for sharing Dam. I don't know why, but I don't like the boxy look to the top of the bag. The design and colors are good though

these look great, I would lean towards the cart bags though. but....I dont see a putter well or 14 way divider. thats kind of a deal breaker.

I was looking at these be fore I ultimately settled for my Gt stand bag

I like the look of them but i couldn't handle the fact there isn't a space for every club. I need every club in its specific slot.

I like the color choices but decided my next bag will be a cart bag and I will just get a Clicgear for it. Those are freaking sharp looking though

Looks good Dam. What color are you leaning towards?

If I had to choose right now I'd probably go black and grey, but I'd also look more carefully at some of the other colors not shown in my pics.

these look great, I would lean towards the cart bags though. but....I dont see a putter well or 14 way divider. thats kind of a deal breaker.

It's the first thing that stuck out to me as well!!

Very cool and colorful. Love me some PUMA love!

I'm liking the white ad orange or white and red. Great looking bags

Back