BulldogsGolf

Future PGA Professional
Reaction score
Handicap
Hi GolfTec,

During my last several rounds, I have been pulling probably 90% of my wedge shots. I am totally baffled as to why. The wedges have always been my strong point, but lately it has been brutal. This is mainly occuring with my 56*, but also somewhat with my 52*. I usually place the ball middle back of my stance. It is not a massive pull, but I'll give you an example. I am 95 yards out in the fairway (perfect 56* distance) to a front right pin location. I play the ball middle back and the ball ends up pin high, but left side of the green. So instead of a 5-10' putt, I have a 20-30' putt.

Thanks,
BulldogsGolf:confused2:

Hi GolfTec,

During my last several rounds, I have been pulling probably 90% of my wedge shots. I am totally baffled as to why. The wedges have always been my strong point, but lately it has been brutal. This is mainly occuring with my 56*, but also somewhat with my 52*. I usually place the ball middle back of my stance. It is not a massive pull, but I'll give you an example. I am 95 yards out in the fairway (perfect 56* distance) to a front right pin location. I play the ball middle back and the ball ends up pin high, but left side of the green. So instead of a 5-10' putt, I have a 20-30' putt.

Thanks,
BulldogsGolf:confused2:

BulldogsGolf,

I would probably like you to make a better pivot or turn in the back swing and a better pivot or turn through to the finish. if you are pulling your shots with wedges we are going to see more of an arm swing. Stay better connected with the body pivot.

Lance West
PGA Member
GolfTEC-Minnetonka, MN

Back