golfinFF

Reaction score
Handicap
21.9 oob
How do you go about getting into a Pro-Am event to play? I ask cause I would love to tee it up in one on any of the tours. I think it would be fun and interesting to watch the way a pro tackles the course.

usually if you go to the home page for that tournament, look for schedule of events or the "pro-am" and there is usually an email to request info, for instance:

this is from the Honda: http://www.thehondaclassic.com/sponsor-experience/gold-pro-am/ (The cost was $2500ea. or 10k per foursome)

Most Pro-Am's fill up quick so plan ahead

Awesome question. The same topic came up during a conversation I had on Friday. Thanks for the info jhstew. There is a group of us that are going to try to enter the Pro-AM for the WGC at Firestone this year. Time to start doing homework!

Playing in a pro-am would be great! I hope y'all get to put a team together for Akron.

Playing in a pro-am would be great! I hope y'all get to put a team together for Akron.

Couldn't find any info for the Pro-Am yet. May not have been released yet.

I think it's normally done on the corporate level.

That was my thought as well. My brother-in-law's best friend took part in last years Pro-Am. Guess we will have to go straight to the source.

I did some quick search for the LPGA and from what I can tell it's an application process but I can't find the application to apply. I will do more research this weekend

Depending on the tour and event, pretty much all it takes is a bunch of money. We have a web.com event in town and the title sponsor is a big customer of my company so we pretty much have to pony up every year to buy a foursome. I think it's up to $10,000 for a foursome. That is for the big one the Wednesday before the tournament on the course, we also have to do one at a different course the same week but it's only $4000 I think.

I'm sure most of the bigger PGA events their are companies lined up to get in, especially since space is limited. The cost is probably higher as well. I know our tour stop they are usually looking to fill spots for the non-Wednesday pro-ams so you might check for a web.com event in the area. It would probably just take a butt load of cash to get in, but I'm sure they would take your money.

I know this is corporate..but for that type of money..$$. I would only want to be paired with a top player...not the guys who struggle even to make the cuts

Have to agree with the above. I would want to be paired with the right player

I was lucky enough to play in one. It was the NFL Classic on the Senior Tour. I owned a liquor store at the time and the local Coors distributor invited me. I got to play with Ray Floyd and John Elway. It was a great time.

Back