Please recommend a poor man's version of Taylor Made Spider putter

3_putt

Reaction score
Handicap
I love the Taylor Made Spider version notable the black version with Milled Pure Roll insert. But the entry fee is quite steep.

I also love this mallet style as it cuts down on twisting the putter head during the backswing.

is there a putter with comparable performance but with a better price ?

Thanks.

I love the Taylor Made Spider version notable the black version with Milled Pure Roll insert. But the entry fee is quite steep.

I also love this mallet style as it cuts down on twisting the putter head during the backswing.

is there a putter with comparable performance but with a better price ?

Thanks.
The Odyssey Of Works #7S. Same slant neck. Same color options. $100 less.

Various versions of the Spider have been around for years. Just get a used one.

This shape has been around for years there are a ton on the bay they may need some new paint if you want it red but it you don't mind whit they are quite a few older ones out there

I got a brand new Spider Tour red for sale in my listing on the BST.

Thanks much. Just browsed over the auction site for the Spider design putter...... Did not know there were prior generations of this.

Also will look at the Odyssey O' Works #7s at local golf store to try it out.

Your advices surely narrows down my search.

Ghost Spider S Slant

DGVFzhWUwAAWIM_.jpg:large

Also check out
https://www.customgolfstop.com/Putters014.htm

just bought a daddy long legs 2.0 for cheap and refinished it.

SoWRqTI.jpg

Oh oh.....I did stop by Golf Galaxy to try out the putters recommended here. But fell in love with Toulon Memphis !!! (Reason I avoid going to toy stores).

I was trying out mallet style putters then I saw this Toulon Memphis putter with the 'Demo' tape on the shaft.

As soon as I grabbed the putter....oh felt so good, loved the weight. I putted from 20 or so feet.....bam !! I proceeded to lineup balls to do my 10 feet routine....I can't miss !! Felt like the putter became an extension of my arms....just perfect. I was even able to control the speed on this glass like putting surface.

As there was no price on the shaft, I asked for the price......suddenly I can't find my wallet .... hahaha.

The following day, I went to PGASS.....to give it another go......this putter was now screaming my name !!

Went home to get the trade-in value of all my extra clubs including my current putter...now I am back to my $150-$200 budget.

Next step, will my girlfriend notice the new putter ? ...hahaha. She will notice that all of a sudden, the golf bags in the garage have less clubs...

Will wait another week or so to think this through......price sticker shock.....never spent this kind of money for a single club.

Oh oh.....I did stop by Golf Galaxy to try out the putters recommended here. But fell in love with Toulon Memphis !!! (Reason I avoid going to toy stores).

I was trying out mallet style putters then I saw this Toulon Memphis putter with the 'Demo' tape on the shaft.

As soon as I grabbed the putter....oh felt so good, loved the weight. I putted from 20 or so feet.....bam !! I proceeded to lineup balls to do my 10 feet routine....I can't miss !! Felt like the putter became an extension of my arms....just perfect. I was even able to control the speed on this glass like putting surface.

As there was no price on the shaft, I asked for the price......suddenly I can't find my wallet .... hahaha.

The following day, I went to PGASS.....to give it another go......this putter was now screaming my name !!

Went home to get the trade-in value of all my extra clubs including my current putter...now I am back to my $150-$200 budget.

Next step, will my girlfriend notice the new putter ? ...hahaha.

Will wait another week or so to think this through......price sticker shock.....never spent this kind of money for a single club.

Glad to see you found something you like. Hope it treats you well for a long time to come.

Finally came back down to planet earth. Toulon Putters' entry fee was too steep. I ended up getting a Mike Method Converge S1-12 Counterflex Putter.

This putter almost eliminated the twisting during my backswing, which was the original reason for looking for a new putter. I love the balance with the longer shaft.

Will play a round with it today.

Next step, will my girlfriend notice the new putter ? ...hahaha. She will notice that all of a sudden, the golf bags in the garage have less clubs...

Nice putter - I've picked it up several times in a PGATSS - I can see the temptation.

just bought a daddy long legs 2.0 for cheap and refinished it.

SoWRqTI.jpg

Who did the refinishing? I just got a Daddy Long Legs + in really good shape. Eventually I'd like to dress it up though

Please recommend a poor man's version of Taylor Made Spider putter

Who did the refinishing? I just got a Daddy Long Legs + in really good shape. Eventually I'd like to dress it up though

Me. I Chem stripped the paint and sanded any rough spots. Taped off the insert and shaft. Removed the bottom piece. Then Painted flat black.

Turned out really well I think, and I may go back and put a white site line in. Or I may do a smooth finish on top and just do a dot. Idk we'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The quest for a new putter to help with putter wobble has come to an end ----- The Ping G Doon Putter !!!

I picked up a 35" version, counter-balanced putter grip......weight ? This is a sledgehammer !! (400 grams). My friend's Odyssey putter felt like the head fell off when I compared the weight :)

Love the CB60 'tacky' grip, the looks and design is what I will describe as 'quiet and muted', but has the Ping touch. I used this yesterday in our league play.....the Doon has arrived !! (love that name !!).

The wobble is gone.......got tons of confidence with those 10 footers.....I can slam dunk the ball into that hole.

Back