Player predictions that might go or try to go to LIV?

CrashTestDummy

Reaction score
Handicap
4-ish
So, what are everyone's player predictions of who might go or try to go to LIV?

A few of mine: Adam Scott, Jason Day, Ricky Fowler, Padraig Harrington.
A few good candidates, but probably won't go: Matt Kuchar, Bubba Watson.

As far as younger guys, Matthew Wolfe would probably be a good candidate, get a guaranteed paycheck while figuring out his swing/playing issues.

Gary Player

If Cam Smith goes I’ll be watching every event, just saying.

Dufner and Snedecker

Yeah, Dufner and Snedecker are possibilities. Great players a few years ago, but have dropped severely down the rankings.

Surprised Kokrak hasn’t jumped.

1654633359688.jpeg

Adam Scott would be my bet.

I could see a lot of non-American players going as they don't live in our overheated political and media environment. I mean this is basically going to be a well paying Euro Tour. It will hurt the PGA Tour, but it's going to destroy the European Tour.

You will see a lot jump if the penalty turns out to be a slap on the wrist.

Here are some names I could see going depending.

All of them..

Oldies not cashing much and have some name recognition.

Minus DJ ... remember he said a few months ago he's sticking with the PGA tour and loyalty means a lot. 🤷‍♂️

Rory said he would never go either. I believe he believed that when he said it. But, we will see..

Rory said he would never go either. I believe he believed that when he said it. But, we will see..
I'm being half trolly and half serious with this that anyone might go, because I agree with you. We don't know what the future will bring. Are there likely players that will never go regardless - of course but at the same time there are probably people who see the money and say yep - I'm out.

Maybe in 20 years everyone looks back and says PG-who? Tour? Turns out it's a farm league for LIV. Or it folds in 3 years and we all remember it as a bad blip on the PGA's dynasty.

I think speculation is fun and everyone is there but the people least likely to go are those that just don't want to go and are happy where they are. They could change their opinion or stance tomorrow we don't know.

Honestly, it makes some sense in my eyes for the guys who turn pro out of college. Go get your money and cut your teeth over at LIV.

Rory talked about the Euro Tour that way 5 or 6 years ago too 😉

When 2 of the top 5 in total earnings last year (according to 1 article I read) made the jump it's hard to guess who might and who might not. I doubt more than a handful truly have a moral problem with it regardless of what their press agent says, and the rest are just watching and waiting.
Considering there's not a single top-20 player today over the age of 35, you'd have to think the older guys with name recognition would be most interested and most likely to get a big paycheck. So maybe Matt Kuchar, Adam Scott, Zach Johnson, Bubba. If they only got the latter 2 it would be huge.

Rumors are already strong about Fowler. I would be kind of surprised to see Jason Day go but at this point who knows.

We're seeing major champions jump - and we now know that they'll still be allowed to play in majors. I'd bet a lot of guys who haven't won a major are waiting to see how the cards fall in terms of qualifying to play in the big 4 tournaments.

Colt Knost got a text on their show on Sirius today that said Bryson would be next and probably announce this weekend

Honestly anyone over 35. Looking to cash in but not competing regularly. This is going to be another XFL situation that in 4-5 years will be irrelevant. Just hope they spark some change in the PGA coverage and format to mix things up a bit and break into the modern day of streaming service style broadcasting.

I feel that any golfer that chooses to go to the LIV, has to be able to travel internationally. Some don't take those trips over the pond for reasons that are their own. And I also feel, the LIV interest those that are over 35 years old or haven't ever won.

Back