PING Rapture (strong) 3 Wood 2014

golfurr

I am happy.
Reaction score
Handicap
Just read news about this today. I certainly didn't expect something like this from PING. A strong 3 Wood with titanium construction designed to be a driver replacement? What confuses me is the G25 is one of the most forgiving drivers made - in my opinion, so why do they need to make a product to replace it?

Still, I'll hit it at the spring demo day, and unless something amazing will not buy it.

I tried the Callaway 3 Deep last year hoping for something to help players like me who don't really have a distance problem but who struggle with driver - AKA wild shots. But the truth is the 3 Deep was terrible in the swings I took with it. Felt way above my skill level and swing speed. In my opinion (again) if PING are going to go into this micro market then hopefully the product is super easy to hit. Hopefully the different construction materials makes the difference.

With the recent release of the Rapture Driving Iron, and now this new Rapture 3 wood, I'm wondering if a new complete Rapture release is in the offing. It would be nice.

With the recent release of the Rapture Driving Iron, and now this new Rapture 3 wood, I'm wondering if a new complete Rapture release is in the offing. It would be nice.

I don't believe so as it appears they are reinvigorating the rapture name for a few speciality clubs. Nonetheless this fairway wood looks amazing.

via Tapatalk now Free

so they're releasing a 219cc 13* wood... is this 1985?

I kid, of course, but those specs do sound eerily familiar. I'll go check on my persimmon driver in the garage. its ears must be burning.

Just read news about this today. I certainly didn't expect something like this from PING. A strong 3 Wood with titanium construction designed to be a driver replacement? What confuses me is the G25 is one of the most forgiving drivers made - in my opinion, so why do they need to make a product to replace it?

Still, I'll hit it at the spring demo day, and unless something amazing will not buy it.

I tried the Callaway 3 Deep last year hoping for something to help players like me who don't really have a distance problem but who struggle with driver - AKA wild shots. But the truth is the 3 Deep was terrible in the swings I took with it. Felt way above my skill level and swing speed. In my opinion (again) if PING are going to go into this micro market then hopefully the product is super easy to hit. Hopefully the different construction materials makes the difference.

This club is more for someone like myself who has been a variety of handicaps over the years, and absolutely cannot hit a driver, but hits a 3 wood very very well. Im quite excited about this, as I can hit my current R9 T3W off the tee, but since I struggle with it so much on the turf, had to switch to a 15 degree 3 wood to resolve the problem. If this is as hot as everyone is saying, I will likely be ridding myself of my driver in favour of such a club.

I just saw a pre-order price on this at TGW.com of 449.00. *Shudders*

Holy crap.

I saw one in person a few weeks ago, I had the chance to play with a Ping putter engineer. Its impressive to be honest, but way to specialized for me to even consider.

It seems like something that'd be right up my alley (driver is my ultimate year in, year out struggle) and if I were to get it, it would be a straight up driver replacement, but man, that's a scary price tag. It would have to be a miracle club.

I went to my club fitter yesterday to try the Ping Rapture 3 wood, and all I can say is wow!

I've hit both the i25 and G25 and couldn't get comfortable with either of them. I've been everything from a 10 to a 25 handicap and can't shake the major league curve ball I keep hitting of the tee.

With the Rapture it was 250+ off the tee generally straight to slight draw, swing speed 100-110 with a ball speed about 150, and by the end a smash factor over 1.4.

This club was doing everything a driver ever did for me and then some, and much easier to swing.

Needless to say I bought one there and then.

Now I just have to wait the two weeks to get mine as the didn't have the xstiff shafted club in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw a pre-order price on this at TGW.com of 449.00. *Shudders*

I saw that a few weeks ago. The Rapture looks good and I am sure will be a solid performer, but at that price point, it's not even a consideration to buy.

I went to my club fitter yesterday to try the Ping Rapture 3 wood, and all I can say is wow!

I've hit both the i25 and G25 and couldn't get comfortable with either of them. I've been everything from a 10 to a 25 handicap and can't shake the major league curve ball I keep hitting of the tee.

With the Rapture it was 250+ off the tee generally straight to slight draw, swing speed 100-110 with a ball speed about 150, and by the end a smash factor over 1.4.

This club was doing everything a driver ever did for me and then some, and much easier to swing.

Needless to say I bought one there and then.

Now I just have to wait the two weeks to get mine as the didn't have the xstiff shafted club in stock.

Apologies for the thread revival - did the Rapture go into the bag? Happy with it?

Loving it. Can hit it straighter than I've ever hit off the tee, and I've put it against my golf partner and his 10.5 Titliest 913D, I've yet to be out driven, and can basically pick my spot with it, something I've never been able to do with it before.

The bottom line is that the Rapture isn't ever coming out of my bag

Loving it. Can hit it straighter than I've ever hit off the tee, and I've put it against my golf partner and his 10.5 Titliest 913D, I've yet to be out driven, and can basically pick my spot with it, something I've never been able to do with it before.

The bottom line is that the Rapture isn't ever coming out of my bag

Glad you like it. Although, I've never hit the Rapture, I've got an XCG7 Beta 13* in the bag right now and it serves the same purpose. It's a larger 3 wood and a great alternative to a driver for me. I hit it long enough where unless it's really windy or I'm going over a long par 5, I don't need to hit driver. I've played the last 5 rounds or so only hitting my driver 2 or 3 times at the most and haven't felt like I've missed it.

Thanks for the info. Pulled the trigger a couple of weeks back - and should have a Rapture in a week or so...

Thanks for the info. Pulled the trigger a couple of weeks back - and should have a Rapture in a week or so...

I'll be curious to hear your thoughts. This one intrigued me bc I'm oft intrigued by PING, but saw one in TN at the SeeMore event and it looks like a big bomber. But man, that price tag.

Anymore reviews about the Rapture 3 wood?

I hit one once. I thought it felt as sounded amazing. But it was tremendously over priced.

Testing the stiff version
I've been looking for a new 3 wood with a stiffer shaft

Shorter than my old srixon Regular 3 wood today?? Swing issue or ball placement in the stance I suppose
Good shots, but 20 yards shorter at least
But the flight and the groupies were amazing
Straight, great small draw
No problem using it from the fairway, but I'll take the g30 this week to make more comparisons from the fairway

Much better swing tonight, found some club head speed, the result is beyond belief
I changed the ball in my stance, even of the tee (and tee up a little bit higher) took almost kind of a driver ball position, inside my left foot

well that thing just putts it way way in the back of my practice range !!
but even more impresive, is the ball flight, when you've got it good: all the balls look the same, low and slight draw, finished all in the same spot I was choosen

I'll take the G30 stiff to test this wkd, I'll put both in 13' and 14'
But with that very costy price, the rapture is gonna have to surpass the G30 by far to go in my bag

I've got one of these in reg flex on the bay. Tough to find. If you are looking for one let me know and I'll sell minus eBay fees.

Thank you that's very kind, what a great forum !
I've sent you a message

My store has lent all his G30 stiff woods, so I'll have to wait a few days to compare both

Finally choosed the G30
because of the price, and the G30 is a bit easier to hit

Wrote a comment in the G30 Wood thread

Back