Jerome

"Sandman"
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted, my search didn't reveal much.

Who's hitting the i15? Has anybody swapped out their shaft yet?

Just about every person that was at the Spring Demo Day and outing got a chance to try this one out. I played it for a few rounds and love the look but it being as open as it is did not work for me.

You can also see what 24 regular consumers thought about this one in our 2010 DSO. here is the link to the results.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=7079

Thanks JB. Guess most don't/can't hit it for some reason :confused2:

Thanks JB. Guess most don't/can't hit it for some reason :confused2:

Some people love it. But if you fight a miss to the right (RH golfers), it could bring in a world of trouble. I know that was the case for many during the DSO. I also know that with the G series being so popular and finishing 2nd, there are options. Heck even a number of their PGA Tour staffers are playing the G series.

Yeah I could see that, so far I'm liking it. My misses are generally left and I prefer an open or square face at address

Yeah I could see that, so far I'm liking it. My misses are generally left and I prefer an open or square face at address

That is great, I hope it continues to work for you. We hope to have a ton of Ping stuff at the outing and demo day again this fall for forum member feedback.

this should work well for you. it made my fade into a flat out slice

I have it and love it!

It is a monster off the tee, and gives you very good feed back.

I was fit to it on a LM @ golf galaxy, my normal miss is a hook or draw. When I miss with this club it is a very slight fade and it still goes a LONG ass way. If you like it be sure to test drive it in a sim if you can.

and gives you very good feed back.

Can you expand on this? To me most drivers give off teh same amount of feedback. I mean due to audible sound, they feel different, but I have never noticed much in the terms of feedback difference. What are you feeling different?

I can tell exactly where I miss it when I do, toe or heel it gives me a very clear feeling and the ball still has a decent flight. Not to mention when I hit it pure it the audible feedback is just awesome. I was at the range last night and every time I pureed this thing the gril in front of me would jump a little.

I have hit some newer drivers while testing and found that some just had this blah kind of feel to them, no matter where you hit the ball it would give you mostly the same feel in your hands.

Thanks bp. I was genuinely curious.

Thanks bp. I was genuinely curious.

NP, it is hard for me to convey exactly what I mean some times. Have you ever found some of the newer drivers to have a somewhat muted feel?

I agree with bpipe. This thing feels sooo good to me

NP, it is hard for me to convey exactly what I mean some times. Have you ever found some of the newer drivers to have a somewhat muted feel?

Sure. Especially certain brands. But i also think feedback wise they are all pretty similar.

Sure. Especially certain brands. But i also think feedback wise they are all pretty similar.

This may feel more pronouced to me just due to the fact that the most forgiving driver I had hit up to this point was from 1996.

On a side note about my fitting.
When the I did my fitting @ GG the guy had taped over the heads with a white non see through tape, I had no idea at all what driver I was hitting when testing the ping flat out gave me the best numbers so I snapped it up. I used to be a brand *****, but that blind testing was just cool.

This may feel more pronouced to me just due to the fact that the most forgiving driver I had hit up to this point was from 1996.

On a side note about my fitting.
When the I did my fitting @ GG the guy had taped over the heads with a white non see through tape, I had no idea at all what driver I was hitting when testing the ping flat out gave me the best numbers so I snapped it up. I used to be a brand *****, but that blind testing was just cool.

It didnt have the labels on the shaft and grip? Its different for some, I can tell any driver hread just about by looking down at it. But again, taht is just me. I think the i15 is a great driver for some, but I would never call it one of the most forgiving. It is open at the face and has tour weighting. There is a reason they make the G series the GI series and the I series the Game Enhancement series.

To be honest I did not even look them much while hitting, it was rather dark in the sim and he just kept handing me clubs...

I took two breaks to cool off and hit some irons in another net to make sure my tempo stayed in check. The only shaft I remember seeing and still don't know what head was on it, was a project X and it did not mix with my swing at all. I was surprised at just how much of a personal thing this has become.

Back