PING G20 driver VS. Cleveland Classic

golfurr

I am happy.
Reaction score
Handicap
I've been playing G20 woods since earlier this year. I don't have any fancy shafts in them, just the stock shaft. Like them pretty good. About a month and half back I picked up a used Cleveland Classic 290. I always wanted to try one of those, and worked a trade which made me happy.

I love the Classic. I thought I was hitting the G20 pretty well, but since I got the Cleveland I'm having a blast. I prefer the feel of the shaft at transition, the sound and feeling at contact, and loving the distance and ball flight. Going back and forth with the Ping I'm just not having the same pleasure and results.

So, have you tried both and how have your comparison results been?

I have both and prefer the Classic. Both are really good drivers, but very different drivers. Deep low spin face compared to the G20 that is not all that deep really. Sound is different at impact and definitely the shaft is different.

I'm with JB, I've had both and prefer the classic. The G20 was so big it was hard for me to find the middle. You cant beat the shape of the classic, perfect. I've hit all the drivers out this year and the classic was the longest. Don't even remember what i traded it in for but i regret it a little. 913 d3 is safely in the bag though.

Back