PING G2 Irons Reborn

SeeMoreGuy

They Make 'em. I Buy 'em.
Reaction score
I picked up a set of G2 irons couple months ago when on my PING vintage kick. I had played a couple rounds and knew I really liked them and wanted to keep them in my collection. I decided to get them re-finished and sent them back to PING to "fancy" them up and they just returned a couple days ago. Absolutely love the work and have included a few pic of the 7 iron.

Played two rounds with today and these look showroom quality. I threw some new grey Lamkin ACE 3 Gen grips on to make them even sweeter.

TapAhoy!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370143235501.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370143235501.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370143267845.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370143267845.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370143307490.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370143307490.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 1
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370143334922.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370143334922.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 0
Nice Keith!

PING's re-tumbled finish is just awesome IMO. I'd love to do that with a set of i5's someday.

Wow. Unreal. Those are stunners, for sure.

How did they treat you on the course?

very nice. do you mind me asking what that cost to send it in?

Todays round first round was 95 and second round was 89. Felt good on the course. Getting used to feel of the steel vs my normal graphite but ball striking was improving as day went one.

That looks SWEET.

Those look good. Always loved Pings tumbled finish

They look great!!

This is so cool! I like how Ping stands behind their products and works so hard in their customer service department :clapp:

Those look awesome! I've got a G2 2 iron head. Maybe I'll have that done to it then throw a shaft in it to make a driving iron!

They look like you went back in time. Got them, and came back. So nice!

Great looking sticks!

Very nice! Great irons for sure.

Those look great!

Just finished a round with these and came out 45/40. Great feeling sticks. Just think of the money I could have saved...haha!

TapAhoy!

Just finished a round with these and came out 45/40. Great feeling sticks. Just think of the money I could have saved and bought more zSeries...haha!

TapAhoy!

Fixed it brother. You KNOW its true too!

LOL!!!

TapAhoy!

Those look great. I always regretted trading in my G2's; they are definitely nice irons.

Those look incredible!
I was quite fond of my G2s. I gave them to my godson a couple of years ago when he was ready for full size clubs and he still plays them. I got my dad a G2 4 iron after getting my set. For some reason he can't hit a hybrid, but the G2 is still his favorite and most used club.

Wow, I was just yesterday reunited with my Dad's old G2's, and was wondering what to do with them. Pondering.....

I scored a used set of Ping I5 irons in good condition. I can't wait to get them refinished. Op- what did Ping charge you (if you don't mind me asking)?

Back