golfinFF

Reaction score
Handicap
21.9 oob
I'm not talking looks I'm talking performance-

So how do you know what's right for you---

Is it a deep face?

Lateral forgiveness?

CG-- Forward, Middle, Back? Low, Middle, High?

Launch- low, mid, high?

How do you know what to look for in a club head wether it be woods, hybos, irons is it based on certain swing types(patterns of miss), SS?

This thought came from another thread on what is more important head or shaft.

High launch, lateral forgiveness. The rest I'm not really sure about.

High launch, lateral forgiveness. The rest I'm not really sure about.

But why is that? Have you been fit into multiple heads with those characteristics or just one?

But why is that? Have you been fit into multiple heads with those characteristics or just one?

Trying different drivers and seeing different results. I've never hit a driver that is so easy to flight and that is so forgiving across the entire face than what I've seen from my Big Bertha. I thought I was doing well with the R1, but after a weekend with Bertha, I knew it was the driver for me. I didn't need a fitting after seeing how easy it was for me to hit. If it's working, I'm not going to question it.

Everything I have been fit into has been low launch/spin. I've found that deeper faced woods suit me pretty welll.

I always go to a fitter first before I buy anything, I'll generally go with 3 different clubs in mind from the smallest clubhead I can find to a med sized clubhead and see what happens from there with different shafts. I prefer a vey small footprint on clubheads, my driver is small, my 3 wood is small, and my irons are small as well, it's not only a preference thing but a performance thing too, it's simply what works best for me at this time.

My buddy who plays a 10 year old driver says he'll never spend $400 on a club when he's only going to use 1 inch of the face lol.

For a driver, the past few years I have like a low spin deep face with a more forward CG. I know they are called "high launch" but I have lofted up with both of my previous drivers.

Back