Pantry Staples - What are you never without?

RatFink

Carnivore
Reaction score
Handicap
lim x-> 0
I was having a discussion last night with one of my friends and they said they don't have any flour or sugar and my mind was blown. To me, a kitchen MUST have certain items, even if they aren't used that often, but as a safety net. This friend doesn't cook compared to me so I guess it makes sense but still seems weird to me.

When I moved into my place, the first things I bought and have always maintained are:
- Flour
- Sugar
- Basic baking leaveners
- Butter/Oils
- Eggs
- Pasta
- Canned foods for just in case

Milk, the fridge NEVER runs out of milk.
Also have everything you listed.

Scotch and tuna fish

In addition to what you listed:

Chicken Broth
Diced Tomatoes
Rice
herbs and spices
canned beans

Poptarts.

No seriously,

Oh and goldfish. The snack that smiles back.

Never without?

Peanut butter
Spaghetti
CrunchMaster crackers
Flour
Sugar
Rice
Canned beans and veggies

Probably some stuff that was bought and never consumed hiding in the back of shelfs too 😂

Umm pasta? Always have noodles in there. Also, soups or rice.

Rice
Pasta
Flour
Sugar
Eggs
Butter
Olive oil

Whoppers

Ramen noodles!

We pretty much always have:

peanut butter
some kind of rice
canned goods
sugar
milk in the fridge
cereal
coffee <-- very important!

Coffee
Eggs
Bread
Onions
Meat in the freezer.
Tater Tots.

COFFEE! Milk, juice, coffee, bread, peanut butter, coffee, olive oil, past, coffee.

These last couple years I've been handling all the shopping and most of the cooking. Basically the pantry is stocked but I also have a couple of shelves in the basement full of items, mostly stocked up when they are on sale. It's a little trying to cycle thru things but with one person paying attention at least I know what's down there and when to replace things. In addition to the usual canned goods, I've been stocking peanut butter, dry beans, potatoes & rice, chicken, beef, & veggie broth, oatmeal, shelf stable milk. And more than anything lots of bottle water. Like 6-10 cases at any time. Plus a couple of the 2 1/2 gallon containers. There's only three of us at home but it certainly provides some peace of mind. I wouldn't consider myself a "prepper" but stocked up?

Rice. You can pretty much put anything in rice and call it a meal.

I can’t think of anything that I always have. I live alone and going through a Custody Battle, so the kids haven’t been over in months. Most of my meals come from Applebee’s type places. I rarely cook for just me. Plus by not having food around other than what I’m planning to eat that day, helps with the snacking, lol.

There usually are an Imperial Stout or 3 in the fridge although I rarely drink one anymore. I think I’ve had one since November when my favorite one (Fox In The Stout) came out and I bought a 6pk. There’s still 5 in there. Oh forgot about the Mint Chocolate BBA Guinness IS that I have 3 left of.

Butter. I always have butter. The few things I make still, I need that for most everything.

Back