OptiShot Nova Launch Monitor and simulator

kiwichris

Team Smoked Charcuterie
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Quick search and didn't find anything, apologies if this is already posted.

This came across my IG feed, new launch monitor/simulator package from OptiShot.

Other than taking a look at the site, not sure what makes this one stand out from the others in this space, anyone here have any info or knowledge?

It’s not out yet. Price looks pretty good and it gives some nice data. It comes with 20 courses so you can avoid paying for a subscription if you want to play sim golf.

Last edited:
I’ve been looking for more info on this one too. Price point looks pretty good.

More research necessary, but I’m very intrigued.

Just reading from the site, some things stand out.

• Camera (better for indoor than radar, and that awful mat they used to use)
  • Behind the golfer, so easier for left/right simultaneous play vs. a side camera unit
  • No subscription fees for courses
  • Overall price at $1750 is good too

Some items of concern
  • How well does the camera read the ball behind the golfer?
  • Can it be used with other software or is Optishot forcing use of their own? I think there are better software options out there
  • Previous history or Optishot devices have been buggy...need to get over that hurdle because a cheaper unit won't keep golfers interested for long if it doesn't work

Just reading from the site, some things stand out.

• Camera (better for indoor than radar, and that awful mat they used to use)
  • Behind the golfer, so easier for left/right simultaneous play vs. a side camera unit
  • No subscription fees for courses
  • Overall price at $1750 is good too

Some items of concern
  • How well does the camera read the ball behind the golfer?
  • Can it be used with other software or is Optishot forcing use of their own? I think there are better software options out there
  • Previous history or Optishot devices have been buggy...need to get over that hurdle because a cheaper unit won't keep golfers interested for long if it doesn't work
I'm also wondering if this is a brand new release so will we have that typical first gen MVP software/firmware release cycle issues as well.

Back