Opinions wanted: Dg 120 s300 vs PX LZ 6.0...

Tito Santana

Reaction score
Handicap
I’m looking for opinions from peeps that have time with both of these:

Do they play to about the same stiffness overall? They are pretty much the same weight with the Dg at 118g and LZ at 120.
Which do you like better and why? Which feels better to you? I had DG AMT Ti s400 in some Apex CF 16 awhile back and liked them, just didn’t like the extra weight in the short irons. I’m curious about the LZ and which flex would match up with s300. Thanks all...

I have the LZ in the 5.5 right now. You will feel the load in them more than the DG S300 for sure. The rest of the feel changes would be hard to seperate from the different heads I am playing verses the clubs I had DG S300's in. I think the 6.0 would be a bit firmer than an S300 and the 5.5 would be a bit less firm.

I havd not played PX in years and never played the LZ but i will give you some info incase you have played KBS. I have the KBS C=tapers and the C-taper Lites in a coulee of my sets. Love them, but, at the True Temper Experience this year i played the DG 120's in stiff with the VSS and i ABSOLUTELY loved them. Distance wise, they were very comparable to my KBS shafts and with the VSS dampening, they were awesome.

Thanks guys. I hit the Dg 105 s300 with vss and really liked those, but ?I’m just worried they are going to be a little light. They are 97-98g cut to length. The modus 105x are about the lightest I think I want to go- they are 112g uncut.

In my last 4 sets of irons (Burner, Burner 2.0, Razr x Black and Speedblade) I have always gone with the 120g s300. I tried almost every shaft I could as at the time I worked in the golf industry, and for me the s300 was the best fit.

But again that was for me. My club head speed sits around 107 and I tend to have a quick tempo.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I hit the Dg 105 s300 with vss and really liked those, but ?I’m just worried they are going to be a little light. They are 97-98g cut to length. The modus 105x are about the lightest I think I want to go- they are 112g uncut.

did you try the DG 120 in the S300? they are 118 and they are amazing

Thanks for the info all...

Back