Open faced Bargain Driver!

thecolonel

Reaction score
Handicap
For attention of second hand driver Gurus....

Ok so I'm not looking for a lot really....

-used driver
-that sits 'open' when set down behind ball
-that isn't for a Pro
-and doesn't come with a shaft like a poker
-that preferably is not an adjustable but a fixed head(helps keep the weight down)
-suitable for my 90 mph swingspeed
-Can be bought for say £65 or $100
-why? I'm not a long strong player but I do tend to pull. I've found that if I open the face a touch it really helps. But my current club(Clevo SL290 Reg 10.5) doesnt really allow me to open it without a really unnatural grip twist. Hence wanting a head that naturally sits open.....
But I'm happy to try an adjustable again if rest fits bill, but frankly do they really have an OPEN face? They look square to me, as I think most of these modern fixed head drivers are actually 'shut'

Thanks

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Could you not accomplish the same thing with lead tape on the toe side?

Could you not accomplish the same thing with lead tape on the toe side?
Possibly, will try! Legal in club handicap competitions? I'd prefer to bag another bargain tho, my SL290 cost me £20 and was damn near mint! I appreciate the head I'm looking for is really built for Tour use so the shaft in that sort of club really won't suit me. Someone out there will know the combo I need to try!

For attention of second hand driver Gurus....

Ok so I'm not looking for a lot really....

-used driver
-that sits 'open' when set down behind ball
-that isn't for a Pro
-and doesn't come with a shaft like a poker
-that preferably is not an adjustable but a fixed head(helps keep the weight down)
-suitable for my 90 mph swingspeed
-Can be bought for say £65 or $100
-why? I'm not a long strong player but I do tend to pull. I've found that if I open the face a touch it really helps. But my current club(Clevo SL290 Reg 10.5) doesnt really allow me to open it without a really unnatural grip twist. Hence wanting a head that naturally sits open.....
But I'm happy to try an adjustable again if rest fits bill, but frankly do they really have an OPEN face? They look square to me, as I think most of these modern fixed head drivers are actually 'shut'

Thanks

This is a very boring response...but have you assessed how much tension is in your swing? It's the #1 killer in golf. I know because I've done a lot of work on relieving tension and now my "bad" driver is fine. Just an alternate thought.

I felt the Bio Cell Plus sat the perfect amount of open for me. Loved that driver. It's likely available in your price range and the stock Red Tie shaft fits most. Unfortunately it is adjustable though.

This is a very boring response...but have you assessed how much tension is in your swing? It's the #1 killer in golf. I know because I've done a lot of work on relieving tension and now my "bad" driver is fine. Just an alternate thought.
Not boring, perfectly valid point I agree. But wish to buy this open faced driver anyway, thanks

I felt the Bio Cell Plus sat the perfect amount of open for me. Loved that driver. It's likely available in your price range and the stock Red Tie shaft fits most. Unfortunately it is adjustable though.
Hmmm, not the prettiest looking club I have to say, but nonetheless I'm already tracking them on e bay! If it does the job I'll get used to the look..

Any advances on the bio cell plus Ladies & Gents, come on don't be shy!

Back