OldandStiff's search for iron graphite!

@OldandStiff have you tried the Mitsubishi MMT iron shafts? Those have made me curious. When I was in steel I got along with Modus 3 120x. I have been in Steelfiber i110s for a couple years. Don't hate them but don't love them either
I have. I have the 125TX here and could play them okay. Modus 120 guys tend to get along with them better than I do though.

It's just temporary. Beauty of playing irons with adjustable weights. Little swip swap and ready to rock.
You aren't worried about where the weight is being removed and extra weight is be placed?

You aren't worried about where the weight is being removed and extra weight is be placed?
No I'm splitting it a bit, and really only adding a few in the toe to each. On average.

1000067150.jpg

First strike. Calling it a warmup and getting after it. Rain is coming.

According to the first 5 holes this is the best decision I've ever made.

Countdown to the wheels coming off .. 😆

Wheels didn't really fall off. That was interesting. Aside from one terrible swing, was mostly living center-right with very little curve on a stock shot.

Loved the short iron feel and stuck a BUNCH of wedge approaches.

Noticed the load feel in the long irons that throws me a bit with graphite, but did okay there.

Honestly never would have expected a rush build first outing to go that well, playing fast, on a course I haven't played much. Solid 'A' on that.

1000067549.jpg1000067550.jpg

Yeahhhh. Think I'm sticking with these shafts for a bit. That's a lot of what I look for in a 7 iron. Like the feel of the new build.

Last edited:
I have to play light weight graphite shafts. When I played steel shafts the swing weight was E8. The fitter said it was like swinging a sledge hammer.

I have to play light weight graphite shafts. When I played steel shafts the swing weight was E8. The fitter said it was like swinging a sledge hammer.
That would be kind of odd unless you play well over standard length.

1000067595.jpg

After a few pieces arrived this LA Golf set is officially built and about to get a lot of tournament action over the next couple weeks.

It's gone now!! They're clean as the day they were... forged. 😁
The more time I have these in the bag the more I like the looks of them, but I will be applying some slabs this week when I get some time. How much did you go up in SW?

Idris Elba Dancing GIF

Happy dancin'.

I did NOT expect to like these in the short irons as much as I do. Every sign out there says my wedge game can be back to what it was a couple years ago with these. And man that's a great feeling.

The more time I have these in the bag the more I like the looks of them, but I will be applying some slabs this week when I get some time. How much did you go up in SW?
They're about the same now as the original steel build. Little heavier short end. D2ish long end, up to about 3.25 short.

Idris Elba Dancing GIF

Happy dancin'.

I did NOT expect to like these in the short irons as much as I do. Every sign out there says my wedge game can be back to what it was a couple years ago with these. And man that's a great feeling.
These are the LAs? I've been eyeing their graphite for a while. I've been playing these PX 7.0s for at least a year and a half now but itching for something made in this decade, lmao.

These are the LAs? I've been eyeing their graphite for a while. I've been playing these PX 7.0s for at least a year and a half now but itching for something made in this decade, lmao.
Haha Yeah these are the LAs. I seen to be able to hit my shots and flights with them pretty well. I've never played PX 7.0 though, so I'm not sure how that will translate.

Back