salisboss

RIP Jake 8/17/01-9/21/14
Reaction score
Handicap
I want to get some MyFly8 sleeves to do some shaft testing. How do the non-OEM tips on eBay compare to OEM in durability and quality?

I don't know about the ones on ebay specifically but I had a non OEM adapter in an old Callaway driver and had zero issues from it.

Have used Callaway and Cleveland non-OEM sleeves with absolutely no issues.

recently picked up 2 non oem sleeves for an R9 off ebay and have had no problems so far

I bought one from china for my R1 and it was total crap - broke within 5 swings. Beware cheap knock offs from overseas.

I bought one from china for my R1 and it was total crap - broke within 5 swings. Beware cheap knock offs from overseas.

Yea mine was from a manufacturer in Cali. I saw some China ones but decided against those

I have bought several non oem tm, titleist, and cally sleeves and never had an issue. Most of mine are from bigger dealers over in China. As long as you install it correctly, you shouldn't have any issues.

Depends. In all my years I only had one aftermarket sleeve go bad, it was a TM R9 sleeve. It ended up corroding in the head and the finish came off it. I try to stay away from sleeves shipped from China and stick to US sellers or legit sleeves for peace of mind.

Yep. Check Golf Works or Golfsmith. Both offer quality replacements.

Back