JR

Reaction score
Handicap
Leaving here in a bit to go shoe shopping. Looking for a good pair of casual shoes that will last a good long time, but not break the bank. Huge fan of the Merrel Mocs line of shoes, anybody got any recommendations?

I like the Sambas. Otherwise, I really like Puma's shoes too.

Depends on your style I guess.

Athletic casual: Puma, Adidas
Casual, but a little more played down: Sperry, Timberland, Penguin

For athletic casual I like New Balance. Theyre great, comfy shoes and the fact that NB makes a signifigant % of their product in the US is a huge plus for me.

These are my two favorites I own.
MRL-W39313-060911

komodosport-black-gold-grey.jpg

Sperrys.

LOL'd hard at the Vibrams...would never wear those in public outside of the gym, or on a run.

Depends on your style I guess.

Athletic casual: Puma, Adidas
Casual, but a little more played down: Sperry, Timberland, Penguin

I really like my penguins. Worn them for years. Everyone makes fun of me for having penguins on my shoes, but I secretly love it.

I really like my penguins. Worn them for years. Everyone makes fun of me for having penguins on my shoes, but I secretly love it.

They have a wide variety of styles, decent prices and quite comfy. I personally think they are underrated.

Sperry's for sure. I have 3 or 4 pairs I think. Best shoes ever.

I picked up 3 pairs of Toms for this summer.
1. cheap
2. trendy
3. cool company-they give a pair of shoes to a child in need for every pair bought.
4. comfy

http://www.toms.com/

Salomon makes some solid causal kicks as well

Ended up going with another pair of Merrells, in taupe this time.

I love the Fila Skeletoes... They fit me better than the Vibram Five-Fingers. In the Filas, your pinky toe shares a compartment with its nextdoor toe.

The only mistake I made was wearing them to the driving range one day last summer. It was 106 outside and I neglected to remember how hot the range mats on concrete get. The bottoms of my tootsies cooked :(

46fd8194-d913-746c.jpg

I actually bought a pair of Vibrams for christmas, but they don't fit. Not wide enough. I would love to be able to wear minimalist shoes, so if anybody has suggestions for wide-sized minimalist shoes, let me know.

I actually bought a pair of Vibrams for christmas, but they don't fit. Not wide enough. I would love to be able to wear minimalist shoes, so if anybody has suggestions for wide-sized minimalist shoes, let me know.
Check out the Skechers go walk or go run line of shoes

See if the Filas fit any better... J.C. Penneys carries them if no nearby sport stores have them.

There are also these things called Dawgs specifically for golf. Go to http://www.dawgsgolf.com/ to check them out.

New Balance has some, the toe boxes are quite a bit wider than most others I've tried.

New Balance has some, the toe boxes are quite a bit wider than most others I've tried.
Yep. the Minimus. I have those and a pair of Reebok Reelflex which is very close to a minimalist but has a significant amount of cushioning. Both are great.

Back