Video New Sprinter Van

Has Bezos offered big money for the THP van? LOL.

That is correct. We actually looked at that floor plan and model last week.
Not to buy now or anything, but we have the largest RV store in the country about 30 minutes from us, and they keep everything on the lost unlocked, so its nice to go tour them all and see what is new and stuff.
I like the floor plan except for the huge dinette table. I saw another option with more of a lounge type area that I prefer. With my wife and I and 2 dogs we would prefer more of a lounge/living room type space. We have several large dealerships in town but only one carries these. What kind of mileage do these get?

@JB Man I was getting excited remember the days of the Thp van! At least I can say I was in the back of one of those along long time ago.

I have twice gazed upon the THP Van, both times I stood in stunned silence and asked for those nearby to pinch me

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Was just at an RV show last weekend. Mercedes knows what they are doing.

Was just at an RV show last weekend. Mercedes knows what they are doing.

What is the approximate price range of these type vehicles ?

There is actually a major shortage of the Sprinter Chasis here in the US because Amazon bought them all. They are buying them as fast as Mercedes can make them for their delivery trucks.
I can believe it! I've seen car carriers with nothing but Amazon sprinters for delivery on them causing Florida!

I can believe it! I've seen car carriers with nothing but Amazon sprinters for delivery on them causing Florida!

Yup! The Treasure Trucks from Amazon are all Sprinters too. A few RV manufacturers have had to stop production for 2020 and are waiting and coming out with new models for 2021 when they can get their hands on some more Mercedes Chasis. It's not as bad for the B+ and small C market because those are on a cutaway Sprinter Chasis and those are a little easier to come by.

I had no interest in purchasing an RV before seeing this thread. But after watching Dean's video, I am pulling my credit report and trying to convince the wife that my very spoiled kids would love to go on a camping road trip :ROFLMAO:.

Well sort of. Its where the spray comes out that is new for this one. But everything Dean does in his videos is funny.
Those wiper blades are about $200 for the set. They should be heated as well.

How hard is to find a place to dump the shytter? I can imagine, with my luck, I'd be stuck with a full load and couldn't find a place to dump. The one in the van or the one in my body!

@JB Man I was getting excited remember the days of the Thp van! At least I can say I was in the back of one of those along long time ago.

Was it the free candy that woo'd you? :D

I like the floor plan except for the huge dinette table. I saw another option with more of a lounge type area that I prefer. With my wife and I and 2 dogs we would prefer more of a lounge/living room type space. We have several large dealerships in town but only one carries these. What kind of mileage do these get?

It's funny we were always against the dinette set up too, until we converted it into a couch/lounge area. It's so much better than having just a couch. Surprisingly comfortable and way more room for two people and some pets to lounge.

That is correct. We actually looked at that floor plan and model last week.
Not to buy now or anything, but we have the largest RV store in the country about 30 minutes from us, and they keep everything on the lost unlocked, so its nice to go tour them all and see what is new and stuff.
LOL that is us also. RV and boat shows even though we don't need or want a new one. And I'll stop and look at model homes even though I'm not moving. Just seeing whats out there I guess.

So is the THP Van gone? The wraps every year so were cool. I was dreaming of taking some of our travel pics and turning those into wraps for our trailer. Not sure how feasible or affordable.

How hard is to find a place to dump the shytter? I can imagine, with my luck, I'd be stuck with a full load and couldn't find a place to dump. The one in the van or the one in my body!
You learn all that stuff rather quick. There are websites that list all services you will need.

It's funny we were always against the dinette set up too, until we converted it into a couch/lounge area. It's so much better than having just a couch. Surprisingly comfortable and way more room for two people and some pets to lounge.
I found some with nice recliners. Really need to go look and try to decide what is best but I like the look and sound of recliners.

I found some with nice recliners. Really need to go look and try to decide what is best but I like the look and sound of recliners.

We do too, but Arrow (our dog) is a lap dog, so he likes to be right next to you, and he will squeeze into that 1 person recliner and that would not be comfortable, so a bigger couch/dinette put out into a bed works best for us. At the end of the day floorpan is so personal, but it's key to finding the right RV.

Going off here... I will vouch that the active lane assist on cars as well as what Dean calls "Distonic cruise control" was I believe what he said but most auto mfg's call Adaptive cruise control is an absolute trip and game changing! I'm currently in a loaner that has both of those features while we wait for our new vehicle and it is absolutely wild at 4am feeling the wheel just shift a bit to keep you in the lane! That being said I had to put up a bit of a fight this morning when I tried to get off the exit without using my blinker. I wouldn't trust the cruise control at high traffic times but low traffic it is absolutely amazing.

Absolutely not.

I’m low key disappointed the answer is no.

Do some digging on the forum haha.
We have had multiple. Started with a 40 foot one that we drove around and met THPers.
Then up until last year had a Sprinter Van RV conversion that was at a lot of THP Events. It was wrapped differently every year and you can see the images on the forum.

Absolutely not.

I’m low key disappointed the answer is no.

Do some digging on the forum haha.
We have had multiple. Started with a 40 foot one that we drove around and met THPers.
Then up until last year had a Sprinter Van RV conversion that was at a lot of THP Events. It was wrapped differently every year and you can see the images on the forum.

These sure are something! I think eventually I’d like to try one... still not totally sold on some features and I like the flexibility of just dropping a trailer and having a vehicle to take into town. We sure do see a lot more of these up here than the big ‘ol Class A or bus conversions we used to.

Damn, that rig is nice..... love the tech added to this whip..... better than mine for sure

Back