I rolled the Tyne H a week ago at DSG. It was randomly in the storage room as the pro put on a grip for me. It was nice. Nothing extravagant or crazy. I could game it on looks but it doesn’t really move me either way.

Looks like they did the B60 justice with the correct hosel placement. Other than that it's very Ping. I am sure they will perform.

at those price points i think they'll sell a lot of these in golf course pro shops and brick-and-mortar stores.
Agree, street price is actually $229. I bought last year's Anser D and don't need another putter but because of the price might pick up the new Tyne. I saw it in the store the other day and with the milled face reminded me a lot of the PLD version.

They don't move the needle for me and $250 isn't an especially inviting price point for what they appear to be. If I was looking for a value oriented putter there's another OEM that beats these.

They don't move the needle for me and $250 isn't an especially inviting price point for what they appear to be. If I was looking for a value oriented putter there's another OEM that beats these.

$229 (i know only $20 less than you stated) is the street price. Just pointing it out for those reading it.

I guess I don't view it as a value club. I always view value as more of an off brand substitute that still performs like a Tour Edge, Wilson, etc.
Ping is a big 5 oem and this line is even a hair cheaper than Cobra. But I could see how that could be perceived as a value buy.

It's funny because people go all gaga over Pings PLD putters that are $549-$1000 depending on the model, and with the milled face on some of these 2023/24 Ping offerings, on the rack its tough to distinguish if its the PLD or the 23/24 Putter line until you see the sole. I guess looks is in the eye of the beholder but I think the PLDs and the 2023/24's are some of the cleanest looking putters around. Black head, Black composite shaft, Black grip.. Just looks very good to me.

I play the 2023 Anser 2D and on the first hole with a random last fall the guy asked me how I liked my PLD putter. I said, great if I had $300 more money to spend :D

I’ve been wanting to try a Tyne H for some time now.

What is the stock shaft in these?

Last edited:
Back