Need help with Driver Shaft!

VT HOKIES

Reaction score
Handicap
+.2
For the most part I have usually gamed the stock shaft but recently installed a Rombax after market shaft in my Callaway FT Tour. Love the shaft but recently picked up a new Taylor Made Burner Superfast TP and I like the way the driver looks and the shaft is ok but way to much spin for my liking. The head is definitely a higher launching head than my FT Tour which is what I am looking for.

I need help on which Miyazaki I should purchase. I am looking to bring my ball flight down just a tad with a lot less spin. Someone mentioned the C Kua 59.

My driver swing speed is around 103-104 and I try to swing smooth but I do have a tendency to get a little quick on the transition but I am working on it.

As of right now I am leaning towards the C Kua with the flex code of 5674. I don't want to bring the ball flight down to much but I definitely want to bring the spin down which the stock Superfast shaft is not doing.

My problem with the FT Tour is it is such a low spin/low launch head the ball tends to fall from the sky and it is definitely not very forgiving.

Thanks for any help.

Kusala Black will bring the ball flight down quite a bit. If you want to stay light, check out the 59 series of the C. Kua. You are going from a low spin low launch head to a high spin head, so there may be some growing pains as you find the right shaft.

JB, thanks. I noticed on the range today pretty quickly the difference in the two drivers. I loved the Callaway but it definitely cost you on just slight mishits. I much lower launching will the Kusala Black be over the 59 series? What are the main differences between the two? Sorry to bombard you with questions but I am not very up on aftermarket shafts. Want my ideal is is to keep the ball in the air as long as possible with the lowest spin shaft I can find. (I know everyones dream).:D Someone with Miyazaki mentioned the C Kua 59 but that is with the FT Tour head that I use to have.

What is funny about my game is I hit a pretty high ball with my irons but launch the driver somewhat lower. Thanks for all the help.

JB, thanks. I noticed on the range today pretty quickly the difference in the two drivers. I loved the Callaway but it definitely cost you on just slight mishits. I much lower launching will the Kusala Black be over the 59 series? What are the main differences between the two? Sorry to bombard you with questions but I am not very up on aftermarket shafts. Want my ideal is is to keep the ball in the air as long as possible with the lowest spin shaft I can find. (I know everyones dream).:D Someone with Miyazaki mentioned the C Kua 59 but that is with the FT Tour head that I use to have.

What is funny about my game is I hit a pretty high ball with my irons but launch the driver somewhat lower. Thanks for all the help.

I was gaming a Motore F1 in the ST before I picked up the Black.
The black brought my launch angle down ~3-4 degrees and decreased my spin by ~800-1200 vs the F1.

Hope that helps

They are different shafts. Kusala Black is a tour level shaft that that is low launching. C. Kua is the new line from Miyazaki that is all about weight. The 59 series will be lighter than the Kusala (most of the time) and low to mid launch. You can get TONS of great info on Miyazaki here. This is all the articles we have done on them on the home page as well as 2-3 great interviews with Miyazaki on THP Radio. Another option is THP Demo Day if you can wait until Spring. We will have the complete line again for people to try out.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?s=miyazaki&x=0&y=0

The C. Kua line is AMAZING !!! i would definitely go that way if you can.

the 59 is probably what you need. i play it in my fway woods (39 in driver), and they all have incredible feel. ive tried many many shafts.....and the C Kua is the best ive ever hit.......and its not close.

Thanks everyone for their input. Well, I gave the Taylor Made Burner Superfast ample time this week and I have decided to stay with my FT Tour. I just like the feel, sound and the low spin head better than the very high spin head of the Superfast. I am going to try and pick up a C Kua 59 series and see how it performs. I like the look of the Superfast but was not very pleased with the performance. It is just way to high of a launch and spin for my liking plus I measured a few drives (via GPS) with both clubs and the FT Tour averaged around 10 yards + longer.

The club ho in me will continue looking...next up will be the Titleist 910D3 when it comes in.

Back