My wife is good at everything

48Handicap

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Also, I am not a good golfer, so take this with a grain of salt.

My wife is good at everything sports...collegiate softball player, good volleyball player, the Aaron Rodgers of the junior-sized football.

We played 9 at our local yesterday, her first round in 8 years; she played with freaking junior clubs for a 9 year old, and I, who play regularly, only beat her on the last hole, when the tiny clubs caught up with her and she shanked 3 into a marsh. In fairness (to me).I did have my worst round in a while, but stil...

My wife is a badass and I am not at all sour grapes, but man, some people just get all the talent!

I didn't know who else to share this with, but THP seemed like as good a group as any!

Also, I am not a good golfer, so take this with a grain of salt.

My wife is good at everything sports...collegiate softball player, good volleyball player, the Aaron Rodgers of the junior-sized football.

We played 9 at our local yesterday, her first round in 8 years; she played with freaking junior clubs for a 9 year old, and I, who play regularly, only beat her on the last hole, when the tiny clubs caught up with her and she shanked 3 into a marsh. In fairness (to me).I did have my worst round in a while, but stil...

My wife is a badass and I am not at all sour grapes, but man, some people just get all the talent!

I didn't know who else to share this with, but THP seemed like as good a group as any!
It would be nice just to have my wife come out with me.. She doesn't even have to play...

She ought be fitted with a proper set of clubs. Maybe a half set for playing 9 holes.
Tell the fitter that she is playing social golf on 9 hole courses with narrow fairways and tiny greens.

Last edited:
My wife is the same. Golf, pickleball, running, biking, crafts. But I got her beat - “king of the couch.”

awesome to hear your wife heads out with ya! Best thing I did for mine was get her fitted. We try to play every F-Sun along with our individual leagues. Outside of league nights we play 90% of our round together. Wouldn’t have it any other way.

I don’t think my wife will ever take up golf but she does almost all of the other stuff I enjoy including snow skiing, boating, paddle boarding, and cycling. We spend lots of time together on outdoor activities including walking 30+ miles together each week. Yesterday we got a bike ride in after our walk and visit to the gym.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 10.23.39 AM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 10.23.39 AM.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 3
Get her a real set!!!! That’s awesome.
Picking one up next week...she has some old clubs but the kids clubs were so much nicer she chose them over her old ones

I don’t think my wife will ever take up golf but she does almost all of the other stuff I enjoy including snow skiing, boating, paddle boarding, and cycling. We spend lots of time together on outdoor activities including walking 30+ miles together each week. Yesterday we got a bike ride in after our walk and visit to the gym.
Sounds like us...skis, MTB, hiking, running...we golfed after leg day yesterday!

Congrats.

My wife is similar. She shot a 43/42 @ 5900 yards her FIRST TIME on a golf course, after 3 trips to a range, @ 26 yrs old. She was a 9-10 for years with very little effort put into practice, and playing but a 2-3 times a month, she was too busy with the stupid horses to bother trying to golf much. . Unfortunately due to severe back issues she can no longer even swing a club.

Own it, especially when she joins you and your buddies. Same here with my wife, it so awesome...and yes frustrating at the same time :ROFLMAO:

Also makes it harder when buying new stuff and she brings back those memories of junior set, only play once in a while, like what's the need for that! This game is easy!

Wives are an amazing part of a man's life. My wife can be the Hulk one minute, and a kitty cat a few seconds later. She's also saved numerous lives over the years. Two on a golf course. while riding with me.

As for golf, we use to play several rounds together. The difference being she would tee up from the 150 markers, or closer on par 3s. I really needed to play well.

These days, due to a wrist injury, she putts against me. She's better than scratch, and I'm an 18 cap. She drops a ball on the green, at a spot farthest from the hole. Her par is the hole's par. I feel good if I win 3, or 4 holes.

I'd be dead, or in prison if not for my Lady.

Back