TheEagleQuest

Reaction score
Here is my Tiger Woods swing. It is based more on his younger days. Any and all comments welcome image0 (1).gifTiger

I think it's crazy you are working to imitate some of the swings of the most iconic players in the game while I'm just trying to get that little white ball to go straight. ? Good looking swing though!

I think it's crazy you are working to imitate some of the swings of the most iconic players in the game while I'm just trying to get that little white ball to go straight. ? Good looking swing though!
Thank you for the compliment. I understand completely there was a time I was an awful ball striker. I really had no natural talent for the game. But I discovered some core principles that transformed my game and made me a high level ball striker. I use to teach a long time ago, so now it is just a hobby. I will be 50 soon and not sure how long my body will hold up swinging like a 20 year old :/ lol I am willing to share any info you want. Just ask

Thank you for the compliment. I understand completely there was a time I was an awful ball striker. I really had no natural talent for the game. But I discovered some core principles that transformed my game and made me a high level ball striker. I use to teach a long time ago, so now it is just a hobby. I will be 50 soon and not sure how long my body will hold up swinging like a 20 year old :/ lol I am willing to share any info you want. Just ask
What were the core principles that helped you the most?

What were the core principles that helped you the most?
First you have to keep the hip back. If you look closely at my bag you will see a PVC pipe pushed through the part that you strap the bag to a golf cart. You can use a camping chair too. You should simply never practice with out something behind you. It is the one true fundamental that must be strictly adhered to. Most golfers are not really gaining anything when they practice because they can never hold the tush line. No secret is of value if you loss the tush line on every swing. You have to know where your hips are and without something back there then it is purely up to talent if you find it. I lack talent and realized I would never hold or find the tush line with out a guide. There are several others if you want to hear more :)

Last edited:
First you have to keep the hip back. If you look closely at my bag you will see a PVC pipe pushed through the part that you strap the bag to a golf cart. You can use a camping chair too. You should simply never practice with out something behind you. It is the one true fundamental that must be strictly adhered to. Most golfers are not really gaining anything when they practice because they can never hold the tush line. No secret is of value if you loss the tush line on every swing. You have to know where your hips are and without something back there then it is purely up to talent if you find it. I lack talent and realized I would never hold or find the tush line with out a guide. There are several others if you want to hear more :)
Good stuff. More please. ?

It might be the camera but the swing looks a little long compared to Tiger. I’m definitely just nitpicking but everything else looks pretty good! Effortless yet powerful!

The next is try practicing either in your yard or at a driving range with a shaft in the ground on an angle that matches your original shaft plane. You want to put your ball under it and get your hands as close as possible. Then try to hit the ball with out hitting the shaft. Hogan was always able to return his club to the original shaft plane. Literally near hit a ball without this shaft guide and something behind you to help with the tush line. After several months your swing will improve beyond belief. Here is one I use.

IMG_3537.PNG

You are right but I modeled it after his younger days. His newer swing is much more compact. Thank you for the compliment

Back