My swing - I'm the over the tio champ..

Porky

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys, I've been a member of the forum for 2 years now mainly learning and going thru tips and club reviews. I'm a decent iron player and I hit my fairway woods very good (I choke a little bit on them).

I cannot hit my driver, I don't even know what's my driver swing. I've been playing driverless for 3 weeks now with very good results, but I really want to fix my driving issues. I'm an over the top swinger, my local pro says he doesn't even know how I hit the ball coming so over the top. When I hit it on the screws I'm easily the longer driver of my Sunday foursome, but, that can happen once in a round, sometimes none.

I've been getting "you need to swing from in to out" story for years now. I cant do it, don't know if is my body or is it the shaft length or what, cant do it. I currently have a 913De cut to 44 inches.

Help. :banghead:

I think you can freddie need to play 18 holes. to me that swing looks like it just needs a little panda help to become pretty solid.

Jorge based on what you posted you really aren't as bad you think you are. Your move isn't to bad at all and it's an easy tweak. But I want you to try some thing first and tell me the results.

You are set up to his a draw with a slight OTT move. If you shift your aim to the left it will become a playable fade. So I'd like you to setup on the far right dude of the tee box and aim down the left side of fairway. Make sure you feet, knees, hips and shoulders are all on the same line and just swing away.

Try this and let me know how it plays for you. Also keep you head behind the ball at impact.

Thanks, will try it.

First time someone tells me to aim left though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, will try it.

First time someone tells me to aim left though...

I don't believe in taking peoples swings apart. You have very good action and it's an aim problem. If you are hitting fades then you aim left.

If you want to play a draw then that is something we need to work on. You can play good golf with your swing.

That's the first thing I noticed too...only because it's something that I have struggled with

your feet are aimed right and your hips and shoulders are aimed left

I struggle with alignment a lot, i fear if i aim left with my feet i will aim further left with my upper body and hit a big slice, which is basically what i do now.

Something is triggering my upper body to be more open at address and i don't know how to fix it.

That's why i aim right... I guess part of the problem is not knowing how it feels.

I struggle with alignment a lot, i fear if i aim left with my feet i will aim further left with my upper body and hit a big slice, which is basically what i do now.

Something is triggering my upper body to be more open at address and i don't know how to fix it.

That's why i aim right... I guess part of the problem is not knowing how it feels.

I'll share a tip I got from Freddie in person one time - as you reach your right hand (assuming righty golfer) to get below your left on the club, your shoulders naturally open up. make a conscious effort to square them back to your feet and it should help address the swing path issue. i know it did for mine.

I'll share a tip I got from Freddie in person one time - as you reach your right hand (assuming righty golfer) to get below your left on the club, your shoulders naturally open up. make a conscious effort to square them back to your feet and it should help address the swing path issue. i know it did for mine.

A 'feel" I use here is to, after taking my grip and stance, pretend Shaquille O'Neil ( or big, strong guy of your choice! ) is pushing your right shoulder back. Other thing to do is make sure when you set up to bump your left hip out a bit - I find this helps to stay behind the ball.

But bottom line - listen to Freddie1

Worked on this over the weekend with mixed results.

1. Bigger slice
2. Ripped straight left to other fairway or OB
3. Low hook to left.

Im thankful for all the advice given but it seems I'm going to be banned from drivers.. Cant hit it straight.

Worked on this over the weekend with mixed results.

1. Bigger slice
2. Ripped straight left to other fairway or OB
3. Low hook to left.

Im thankful for all the advice given but it seems I'm going to be banned from drivers.. Cant hit it straight.

What did you try?

How much practice did you put in? It takes 21 days to groove a new move. It hasn't been two week and I know you haven't been grooving this everyday. If you want it work then you have to work at it. If not, that's cool but if you trust it and the process you will see success

Totally, not giving up on it. For now just working on it in the range. Definitely alignment challenges.

Need to find the right way, as i said before, usually aiming more left exaggerates my flaw, causing an even worst slice.

Totally, not giving up on it. For now just working on it in the range. Definitely alignment challenges.

Need to find the right way, as i said before, usually aiming more left exaggerates my flaw, causing an even worst slice.

Next time you are on the range I would like to try to hook the ball. Aim left of you target and try to hook it. Then I want you to setup on your target, drop the right foot back and try to hook it. Please share with me what happens.

Worked on my posture today, i don't think you were necessary telling me to aim left but to align my full body to the left side of the fairway and let my natural ball flight bring the ball back.

Tried very hard and had very good results today, part of it is playing my 3deep out holes that have danger. That lets me feel free to swing when i get the driver out, which i feel it has a lot to do with it.

Hit the driver 3 times today, hit all 3 fairways with a small fade. Fixing my posture also lets me try to have a more flatter swing and not be so steep in my downswing.

Ill post another video soon so you can see what changed and give me any other tip.

Thanks to all.

Back