My First Iron Fitting

kozmo

Is that a Titleist?
Reaction score
Handicap
OOB 8.6
Went to my local Golfsmith today and had my first iron fitting with Kevin. After doing some research and attending a couple demo days in my area, I had my choices narrowed down to the Mizuno MP-59, Callaway X forged, & Adams CMB. After warming up and hitting all 3 clubs a few times with a 6i, all 3 clubs had fairly similar distances & dispersions. I told my fitter I was leaning toward the Adams CMB because they felt the best to me. He then ask me to try the Cally X Hot Pro and not only was I hitting them 15 yrds further, but my dispersion was tighter too. After that it was a no-brainer for me which club was the winner. He then tested me for length & lie, and we tried out different shafts. The stock Project X Flighted 95 6.0 shaft tested best for me with 1/2in long & 2* upright. My fitter Kevin also gave me a few much needed & much appreciated swing tips. Overall it was a fantastic experience and will be going back in a few weeks for a driver & woods fitting as well. Should get my new irons in about 2 weeks.

glad to see another THPer getting another good fitting.

15 yds is a big gain in distance.

Awesome kozmo. Were you in Schaumburg by chance?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Good write up kozmo. It sounds like you had an awesome experience!

Awesome to hear.

Awesome. Enjoy the new sticks and full write up after some time with them.

Awesome kozmo! I'll bet you can't wait to get out and tear up the links.

That Xhot pro is a monster. Had a fitting a couple weeks ago and was crushing it. My S58 6i was averaging 178 and the XHP with KBS95 was averaging 216 total with a 208 carry.

Awesome! Love these threads! Glad you found some that worked so well for you!

Congrats on a successful fitting. Enjoy your new sticks!

Went to my local Golfsmith today and had my first iron fitting with Kevin. After doing some research and attending a couple demo days in my area, I had my choices narrowed down to the Mizuno MP-59, Callaway X forged, & Adams CMB. After warming up and hitting all 3 clubs a few times with a 6i, all 3 clubs had fairly similar distances & dispersions. I told my fitter I was leaning toward the Adams CMB because they felt the best to me. He then ask me to try the Cally X Hot Pro and not only was I hitting them 15 yrds further, but my dispersion was tighter too. After that it was a no-brainer for me which club was the winner. He then tested me for length & lie, and we tried out different shafts. The stock Project X Flighted 95 6.0 shaft tested best for me with 1/2in long & 2* upright. My fitter Kevin also gave me a few much needed & much appreciated swing tips. Overall it was a fantastic experience and will be going back in a few weeks for a driver & woods fitting as well. Should get my new irons in about 2 weeks.

Very nice! Good to hear about a good fitting at a big box store. Hope the new clubs work well for you.

It sounds like it was a great fitting all around. Here's hoping the woods fitting goes as well as your iron fitting went.

I had a fitting yesterday as well, and its amazing how much difference some things make

Enjoy the new irons

This is excellent to hear bud:) I'm glad it all went well. Your definitely going to benefit from your new clubs & for the fact that you got fitted for them:)

A friend of mine was fitted for a set of X Hot Pros yesterday. He is having KBS C tapers in them as he found them to be really stable.

Back