Movies on Amazon Prime

Sox_Fan

Mitsubishi Experience at Ballyhack
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Cold Temps
Is it just me or have other people noticed a significant increase in the quality of movies on Prime in the last few months? I previously very rarely found any movies to watch on there but have suddenly have been watching a lot more movies on Prime than on Netflix. I always tried to watch movies on Prime but I would stop watching most after about 15 or 20 minutes after realizing how bad they were. With the recent price increase, I am happy that I am finding a lot more to watch to help me justify paying more for the service.

What are you finding that you like?

I got a new show from my thread "The 100" that I found first and I've been watching but that's Netflix only.

I assume its because of their purchase of the MGM library.

What are you finding that you like?

I got a new show from my thread "The 100" that I found first and I've been watching but that's Netflix only.

Have found several sports movies recently that I liked. Not Academy Award winning films but were quality watches IMO. It seems like their algorithms that generate sugggestions based on reviews and viewing history have improved as well.

Have found several sports movies recently that I liked. Not Academy Award winning films but were quality watches IMO. It seems like their algorithms that generate sugggestions based on reviews and viewing history have improved as well.
90% of my prime watching are kids shows so mine is all out of wack.

90% of my prime watching are kids shows so mine is all out of wack.

They enabled different profiles on the account a year or so ago so that has likely helped also. My wife has always watched a good bit on Prime. She likes old movies and horror flicks, neither of which are my thing. Previously all suggestions were from those two genres. Since I told her to make sure she is watching on her profile, my suggestions are much more in line with my tastes.

I assume its because of their purchase of the MGM library.
Unlikely. The MGM deal all but closed yesterday.

Content wars have been heating up for the last few years. Movies take time to make.

Couple that with the delay in putting studio flicks on streamers, not for lack of want, but for the fact that the studios want a bigger piece of the pie. What Scott is seeing is likely months to years of catalogue refining. It's a good time to be a subscriber.

Unlikely. The MGM deal all but closed yesterday.

Content wars have been heating up for the last few years. Movies take time to make.

Couple that with the delay in putting studio flicks on streamers, not for lack of want, but for the fact that the studios want a bigger piece of the pie. What Scott is seeing is likely months to years of catalogue refining. It's a good time to be a subscriber.
It was reported on multiple news stations that while it closed (I believe it was a week ago), the library had been starting to be migrated over upwards of 60 days ago.

It was reported on multiple news stations that while it closed (I believe it was a week ago), the library had been starting to be migrated over upwards of 60 days ago.
I'm aware. Adding MGMs catalogue doesn't mean that everything MGM made was good. Just as to say, everything everyone else has made (including Amazon) was bad.

This stuff takes time

I'm aware. Adding MGMs catalogue doesn't mean that everything MGM made was good. Just as to say, everything everyone else has made (including Amazon) was bad.

This stuff takes time
Weird, I dont recall saying otherwise.

Weird, I dont recall saying otherwise.
You didn't, but rather implied that the uptick in good movies is a direct relation to one recent event.
While adding a catalogue of studio movies is sure to help, it's not a driving factor.

In this day and age MGM films would make it to Amazon (as they have in the past) through licensing deals. Amazon owning the entire catalogue only benefits Amazon, not the end user.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
There's more to watch but there's less I want to see...:ROFLMAO:

Back