Mizuno Wedge Set Review

Jeanthemachine

Earl of Limerick
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.7
Several months ago I got a "tune up" at GolfTEC and had good results. I began hitting more solid shots and picked up some distance with most clubs.

While this is all good, I found I had a distance gap between by Pitching Wedge (110 yds) and my Sand Wedge (80 yds). I saw this as an opportunity to plug the "Wedge Gap" with a Gap Wedge and upgrade my Sand Wedge and Lob Wedge.

After reading about "Spinner Shafts"" on THP I thought I would give them a try. And since I'm a forged guy (I know, I know) I thought about Mizuno. So I went to eBay and won a set of three MP-T11 wedges. They are 50/6, 56/10 and 60/5.

Right out of the box (I don't do pictures but I am sure you can find them if you wish?) I thought they were beautiful. When I tried them the all three were exactly what I wanted from the fairway. The 50 gave me 90 - 100 yards with drop and stop performance. The 56 was good for 75 - 85 and the 60 about 60 -70 yards.

All three clubs have the soles relieved at the heel and toe which makes them easy to open or close to vary the trajectory as needed.

The spinner shafts (I guess that's part of it) do provide a nice amount of spin because I can control the run-out on most shots, whether full of partial.

The only difficulty I am having is from the sand. I am not used to the relief at the heel and when I open the clubface in the sand I have a tendency to dig too deep and leave the ball short. If I leave the face square I don't seem to have such a problem. I think more practice and some experimentation will solve the issue.

I am not a club junkie so cannot compare these to others on the market but I am pleased with my purchase and think others might like these clubs too.

Awesome feedback, they certainly do have a nice wedge line. Are there any other differences with the shafts like lower or higher trajectory?

Glad to see that your wedge set worked out. Those spinners are awesome!

Nice write up and im glad the clubs work good for you

Nice Write up. They are really nice looking wedges.

Thanks for the write-up. I'm in the market for new wedges and always good to hear about different experiences with different clubs.

Good review. I love my MP T-11 60-05. Even though it has the new, conforming grooves I think it spins even more than the MP-T, MP-R and even MP T-10s did. Im thinking that has a lot to do with the DG Spinner shaft.

I'm a low ball hitter and I really have not noticed any change in trajectory. I do think the shafts provide some additional spin as was noted - these clubs have conforming grooves.
Awesome feedback, they certainly do have a nice wedge line. Are there any other differences with the shafts like lower or higher trajectory?

I have the 54 and 60 MP T11. Great clubs and the spinner shafts don't hurt either.

I've always loved the look of Mizuno wedges and the new MP T11 line looks just as good as ever.

Back