So glad I decided to add the 56 this winter. I use it for any chips or pitches I need some loft on, and as long as I don't completely monkeyf**k it, it's so easy to hit. Accelerate through and let the club work for me and I get good results. I've only played it with supersofts at this point, but can get some decent spin even with the cover on those.

i have these and the T24 wedges. I think I like these more..

i have these and the T24 wedges. I think I like these more..
I have an s23 in 49° and T24’s in 54/58. I think I’m the opposite in that I enjoy the feel more off t24. The s23 is a great wedge but has more of a ‘deadened’ feel to me than the 24’s.

Last year, I bought a set of S23 wedges in denim copper, at 51°, 55°, and 60°.

But... I goofed. I ordered them all 1° flat and the 51° in DG105 stiff, and the others in DG105 regular. I'd theorized that the softer shaft in the SW and LW would be best for me. NOPE. I left all shots right, worse so with the SW and LW.

Plus, silly because they aren't actually smaller than many of my other wedges, but the copper finish made them appear smaller to my eye.

Unable to give up on the tech's allure, I bought 50° and 54° S23's in satin chrome. Standard lie angle, with KBS Rev 2.0 115 shafts. Although KBS lists this shaft as R-flex, I'd played it in the past with no issues.

When it comes to wedges, like most, I'll know right away when they're a bad fit. While only two rounds in, in my second go-round with the S23, I already know that they're a good fit. How good? Time will tell. But I'm very pleasantly surprised by how much better they suit me than my previous S23's.

I play the JPX-923 Pro irons, and these seem to flow very nicely with the set. Satin chrome vs copper, their appearance at address, is a win for me.

So, of course... a 58° is on the way.

T24s are my next wedges to replace my 55 and 60. It will be hard to imagine they can feel any better than the S23s

Back