Mizuno 923 Hot Metal Pro v Callaway Paradym

Landy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hello has anyone compared these two irons either via demo or play? Looking for feel, distance and flight info.
Thank you

Yes, played with both extensively. Both are really good. Similar size and feel, although with shaping the Paradym does look a bit more compact to my eyes.
Both quite forgiving. If your miss is low on the face, I preferred the Paradym there. If it is heel side, I think I prefer the HMP.

Both really good sets and two of the best I have tried this year.

If you have a toe side miss the forged jpx has fantastic ball speed retention there.

Thank you and insight on distance and flight?

Im not sure what you are asking here as that will be pretty player specific. Im a steep player with irons, so generally speaking, lower launch and higher spin. That didn't change with the irons all that much, but iron to iron, I launch the Paradym irons slightly higher in my testing with PW and 8 iron, but we are speaking towards half a degree or so.

Thank you @JB
Should have been more clear.
Was wondering if anyone had differences in distance ie one longer than the other and same as for ball flight, but you just answered this, thank you

Reactions: JB
@outlawx based on this it looks like the 923 HMPs...
Thank you
As someone very familiar with a toe-side miss I'll say the 923 HMP's are very friendly to me in that regard as well. I've talked about it extensively in the 923 Thread here.

I can’t speak on the Mizuno, but the Paradym irons are very long and have a higher flight. My X set is stronger lofted.

I have hit them both a bit. I actually like the sound of the Paradym better. But in every other category the HMP wins for my swing.

Back