Mitsubishi MMT 80g Parallel Tip Shaft Review

radeon962

Reaction score
Handicap
Who has played the the Mitsubishi MMT 80g shafts?

What did you come from? How did they feel/work for you? What other steel or graphite iron shafts would you most compare them to?

I have had success with Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff in a set of TaylorMade P790's, Nippon NS Pro 1050GH Stiff in my current set of PXG 0211 and Aerotech Steelfiber 95 Regular shafts in a set of Ping i200 , but would like to move back to graphite full-time in a set of PXG 0211 as the heads are a good fit for my swing. I use ProSoft inserts in my steel shafted irons so some vibration dampening but obviously not the same as graphite.

I did not do well with UST Recoil 95 or 110 as they were softer in the middle and did not work well for my swing when I tried them in various irons in both Regular and Stiff.

As I can't demo the MMT shafts under the current stay at home order here in Michigan, I would be ordering blindly and have read quite a few glowing reviews of the MMT's but most reviews have been on the Taper Tip version in 105 or 125 and not so many reviews on the MMT 80g Parallel tip shafts.

How do the MMT 80's in Stiff flex compare to the Nippon Modus3 105, Nippon 1050GH, Steelfiber 95 and/or Recoil 95?

Thanks, Bill

I don’t have any feedback for you but I am interested in the topic.

Who has played the the Mitsubishi MMT 80g shafts?

What did you come from? How did they feel/work for you? What other steel or graphite iron shafts would you most compare them to?

I have had success with Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff in a set of TaylorMade P790's, Nippon NS Pro 1050GH Stiff in my current set of PXG 0211 and Aerotech Steelfiber 95 Regular shafts in a set of Ping i200 , but would like to move back to graphite full-time in a set of PXG 0211 as the heads are a good fit for my swing. I use ProSoft inserts in my steel shafted irons so some vibration dampening but obviously not the same as graphite.

I did not do well with UST Recoil 95 or 110 as they were softer in the middle and did not work well for my swing when I tried them in various irons in both Regular and Stiff.

As I can't demo the MMT shafts under the current stay at home order here in Michigan, I would be ordering blindly and have read quite a few glowing reviews of the MMT's but most reviews have been on the Taper Tip version in 105 or 125 and not so many reviews on the MMT 80g Parallel tip shafts.

How do the MMT 80's in Stiff flex compare to the Nippon Modus3 105, Nippon 1050GH, Steelfiber 95 and/or Recoil 95?

Thanks, Bill

I take it the 0211's have a parallel? I also have interest. I read some say the play stiff some not so much. Guess that's a normal response a number of guys.

I take it the 0211's have a parallel? I also have interest. I read some say the play stiff some not so much. Guess that's a normal response a number of guys.

Yes the PXG have a 0.370” hosel. They do sell a 0.335” ferrule with a cap that goes on the tip end to center it in the hosel and if you buy a PXG iron/wedge with a taper tip shaft there will be the cap on it from PXG.

If you use a parallel shaft then you use a parallel ferrule.

Both have a collar as the top of the hosel is oversized.

Reason for my question is the MMT 80 is a no up charge graphite shaft from PXG.

Yes the PXG have a 0.370” hosel. They do sell a 0.335” ferrule with a cap that goes on the tip end to center it in the hosel and if you buy a PXG iron/wedge with a taper tip shaft there will be the cap on it from PXG.

If you use a parallel shaft then you use a parallel ferrule.

Both have a collar as the top of the hosel is oversized.

Reason for my question is the MMT 80 is a no up charge graphite shaft from PXG.

Bill
One more question if I may. You asked for comparisons to the MMT and specifically stiff flex. I played a set of 14 Apex with Recoil 95 F3 a few years ago and a set of JPX 900 HM with Modus 3 105 stiff. Both were fine but looking at maybe some graphite because of some hip/back issues. Have plenty of strength but flexibility suffers and thought graphite might help. Actually just another BS justification for another set of sticks even though I just got the Apex 19 with Px Lz 5.5 last year. Given my comments would the MMT regular make sense being I too am in Michigan and my second home Carls or Miles of Golf are of course shut down.

Play play the MMT 370 tip in my hybrid. It’s a fantastic shaft! Stable and accurate is how I’d describe it. Play Modus 105 Stiff in the irons.

Play play the MMT 370 tip in my hybrid. It’s a fantastic shaft! Stable and accurate is how I’d describe it. Play Modus 105 Stiff in the irons.

May just bite the bullet and order a set

Parallel iron shafts get lighter as you go shorter. Keep that in mind.

Back