MGI Navigator Review after 3 Years

robs1964

Reaction score
Handicap
I've owned the MGI Navigator for 3 years. Overall a great remote control golf cart. The gyroscope on board keeps the cart tracking pretty straight and the swivel front wheel makes it turn easy. The remote control has great range and the cart is fast. I get 36 holes from a single charge and it handles the hills on my home course easily. Yes it will pop wheelies going up hill if you have the rear tip wheel set at it's shortest settings; on the longest setting the front wheel only comes off the ground a couple inches. I will list pro's and cons. The two biggest pieces of advice. 1. Don't shove the remote in your pocket without using the locking feature or the cart can take off if you hit a button. 2. Transitioning from the rough across the cart path. If there is any lip, the cart could tip over.

PROS:
Great range of the remote
Easy to control even around greens
Great Battery Life (36 holes)
Gyroscope keeps you from fiddling constantly with the remote
Folds easily, easy to store, transport
Handles a heavy bag well (I weighed my bag and it was 76lbs due to balls and beers in the bag)

CONS:
Front wheels are narrow, so can tip easily if not paying attention
Front wheels fold in when storing cart; because their plastic, I worry about longevity
The design to free wheel (or to use as a push cart) sucks. You have to slide the back wheels to a different setting on the axle (further out on the axle)
The remote is charged with usb, and the connection is the old type, with the wide/big tip. Not bad, just one more charging cable to manage
The setting to use the cart in non-remote mode are not good. Speed level 4 is too slow, and speed level 5 puts you at jog

Overall, very happy with the cart and makes walking enjoyable. My home course the back 9 is extremely hilly and the cart does great going up/down or side hill. They didn't have the AT model when I purchased this; the only 4 wheel cart they had available was the quad, which I didn't want. There are a lot of people at my home course with the navigator and one guy I play with has had his for 7 years (his model was from BagBoy, put it is a MGI Navigator). He hasn't had an issue with his cart and he plays daily. He did have to purchase a new battery though.

Back