Maxfli U/6 Golf Ball Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Thoughts?

Great review of a very interesting product Jman. Sounds like it should be an option for anybody shopping in that $40 price range. I still don't expect many to pick up a Maxfli product at that price.

Great review of a very interesting product Jman. Sounds like it should be an option for anybody shopping in that $40 price range. I still don't expect many to pick up a Maxfli product at that price.

Yep, nice very review, but I think it's gonna be hard for Maxfli to break into the premium ball market.

Very solid and thorough review here James! The U/6 sounds like a decent all around ball but at that price and knowing what it will be competing with in the market, it's going to have a tough time competing against the other premium balls if its not an excellent ball.

I am glad to see Maxfli back in the game as I think competition is good but it's a tough market.

Six piece ball, how many layers will we end up with. I guess with 6 layers I would expect this ball to be a stand out against balls in its class. Ill have to give these a try and see what the hype is about.

Well done as usual James. I enjoy your reviews, each and everyone.

I have been waiting to hear more reviews on this ball. Well done.

Great thorough review on this one James. I'll be honest and say that these sort of sit in the category of balls that I'd be unlikely to try. Regardless of the number of layers, I just struggle with the price point when they are essentially a store brand. That said, it sounds like a solid peformer. It's a pretty shallow statement I guess, but it's reality.

Hmmm.after reading the review I want to get on the launch monitor with some of these to compare with the big brands

My guy @Deebo76 has been hoarding some of these and sent them over to me with the hat he picked up for me at Briggs.
IMG_9816.jpg

Gonna give them a spin around the short game area tomorrow. See if I can make it dance like @Jman did all those years ago.

I started at the first post and wondered what the heck is going on here. Then looked at the date. Lol

I would be curious to know after 11 years if there was any degradation in the rubber core?

I would be curious to know after 11 years if there was any degradation in the rubber core?
I'll report back how they feel with the wedges. I don't have a tool to cut one in half though.

Back