pumbaa

Need more golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So I'm going to Europe on August for the first time in like 20 years and need solid luggage. What's our there that won't break the bank?

I’m still a bit old fashioned and like Samsonite. I know there’s probably better out there but do they have commercials with a gorilla stomping on them?

I’m still a bit old fashioned and like Samsonite. I know there’s probably better out there but do they have commercials with a gorilla stomping on them?

Have a set that is 7 or 8 years old now and in great condition. It definitely doesn't have all the cool features of the high priced luggage, but is a solid durable choice.

Briggs & Riley, TravelPro-Macy's Open a Credit Card - 25% off

We just bought hard shell cases from TJ Maxx. They worked great and they're still rolling after several trips and church camps and whatnot. They cost like $60 each or something.

We just bought hard shell cases from TJ Maxx. They worked great and they're still rolling after several trips and church camps and whatnot. They cost like $60 each or something.
TJ Maxx FTW. We did a 10 day trip that went all the way around the world with hard sided luggage bought at TJ Maxx.

Purchased Solgaard for the wife and myself and so far really like it. The pull out closet that they advertise is great, although I know some aren't huge fans. So far the airline hasn't destroyed them after a few trips so I'm keeping fingers crossed.

I travel a lot for work. My back pack and carry on are tumi. As far as checking bags I usually buy at Marshall’s or TJ maxx samsonite amd just replace it every year or so.

Osprey is what we are using for our trip in December, though we are using large backpacks that can be carried on or checked due to being pretty mobile. We’ll be in a different city every other day for two weeks. We’re also using the train system to get around.

Is this really “sport luggage”?! 😆
IMG_2388.jpeg

I travel extensively for work and I’ve been a Tumi guy for about a decade. The trick is don’t buy it full price.

My travel backpack is the good good backpack. It is excellent. Used it twice since I got it last fall. The shoe compartment can actually fit adult men’s shoes. I’ve been letdown before by bags with shoe compartments that could maybe fit a men’s 8.

Since my Hartmann luggage wore out after 20ish years, I've been using a hard-sided Samsonite "disposable" roller that I picked up in one of the Amazon deal days a few years back. It's holding up well, better than I expected truthfully.

If it breaks, it breaks. It'll probably cost more to ship it to them to have it repaired or possibly replaced than it will to buy another.

The discount chains often carry a brand called Lucas, and we've had really good experiences with their luggage.

Osprey is who my friend uses for hiking and rock climbing.
I have a daylite pack - like 15 / 20 liters that I use for day hikes. They work very well for me but I have never used their luggage.

I've got several Osprey packs, they're great. I've never used them for traveling, but they'd be perfect to travel around on the trains with for sure. Not sure I'd want to use them for more traditional travel though.

Back