Looking for recommendation on rain/waterproof golf shoes

jb8396

Baron
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for recommendation on rain/waterproof golf shoes, preferably spikeless. Thanks in advance!

The reviews have been pretty spectacular in the Puma Alphacat thread, including waterproof. I just bought my first pair today.

The reviews have been pretty spectacular in the Puma Alphacat thread, including waterproof. I just bought my first pair today.
Second this!
Bought recently, come with a 1 yr waterproof warranty and they are. Keep the feet dry and warm in cool weather as well as comfortable.

I used to go looking for waterproof golf shoes and after trying many and which almost all failed a friend of mine suggested trying waterproof socks. A few years later and the socks are still in and my feet are still dry.

I used to go looking for waterproof golf shoes and after trying many and which almost all failed a friend of mine suggested trying waterproof socks. A few years later and the socks are still in and my feet are still dry.
That's an interesting take. I had definitely not thought about it.

Never had an issue with any of my Footjoys.

I have Ecco biom H4’s, and play many early rounds where grass is still wet from sprinklers. No issues with wet feet.

Gortex is a wonderful waterproof product, so any shoe brand made with it likely works👌

I bought a pair of a new Balance Fresh Foam Contend SL recentl. They are very comfortable and waterproof. I have had much of chance to use them yet when it’s really wet.

Puma AlphaCat

Puma AlphaCat
@jb8396 See the 50% code in the coupon thread at 2nd Swing. Sizes and colors are limited but if you are on the frugal side at all (like me) a $60 experiment with a 2ndary color is a super easy decision.

True Linkswear. Very comfortable, long lasting shoes, and they have a 2-year waterproof guarantee (on the models that are advertised as waterproof). Mine are well over 2 years old, have hundreds of rounds on them, and the waterproofing is still holding up perfectly.

I've been wearing these for about 4 or 5 months now and really like them. Super comfortable and the traction is great.

Puma Alpahcats have the best waterproofing I have ever experienced.

Ecco’s have been the best performing for me although some of the others mentioned I have not tried.

Never had an issue with any of my Footjoys.

Same here, Have bought FootJoys with both one and two year waterproof warranties, and have never had a pair not exceed those limits by a wide margin.

They are amazing

I don't know why I clicked it.... I don't need another pair of shoes but the alpha cat seem like such a great shoe

For top notch waterproofing Ecco's have been consistently the best of the best. I have always preferred the fit and finish of FJ's, but their waterproofing isn't even close.

Anything FJ! (y)

That's an interesting take. I had definitely not thought about it.

Then why not both? Waterproof socks & shoes :unsure:

Another vote for the Alphacats. Been caught in some downpours and they have kept my feet dry.

Puma Alpahcats have the best waterproofing I have ever experienced.

Does it last for more than a year of walking though? I have always found whichever brand shoe I purchase, after a year or two a wet, dewy morning leads to soaking wet feet after 4-5 holes.

Then why not both? Waterproof socks & shoes :unsure:

Does it last for more than a year of walking though? I have always found whichever brand shoe I purchase, after a year or two a wet, dewy morning leads to soaking wet feet after 4-5 holes.

Wearing waterproof shoes and socks is exactly what I ended up doing mainly because of the answer above, though that didn't last.

The amount of golf I played back in the day, always an early morning walking 18 in dewy conditions meant that any shoe I bought didn't last (one pair of so called waterproof Puma's lasted 2 weeks before I got wet feet), that cost of replacing a waterproof shoe (they are more expensive than normal shoes) got a bit to much so the cheaper showerproof/normal shoes and waterproof socks seemed a better option for me, and I think probably for other too.

Back