Looking for a new pair of Golf Shoes...

couldbeu

THP or work? Hmmm...
Reaction score
Handicap
Last week I blew a tire on my Nikes I wore with my browns and tans. The air pocket went flat on my left shoe. I'm looking to replace them...

I do have a couple of white shoes, but they have black, grey or some other color... so they're not ideal...
The best of what I own would be the 2010 White (mostly) FJ Sports...
And I don't wear a lot of browns, so maybe it's not worth spending the extra money...

This is what I was looking at:

FJ Icon Assymetrical
Spoiler
cfli-whitechestnutcaimanprint.jpg

Nike Tour Premium
Spoiler
cfli-whitedkcinderbronze.jpg

Adidas Tour 360 4.0
Spoiler
cfli-whitetitanscout.jpg

Any other suggestions?

JB what have you been sporting with your browns and tans?

i'm in the market for shoes too. right now i'm wearing hand-me-down's from my girlfriend's grandpa and i'm pretty sure they are over 20 years old.

I think i might just buy some on ebay or craigslist to save some money -- why not?

i'm in the market for shoes too. right now i'm wearing hand-me-down's from my girlfriend's grandpa and i'm pretty sure they are over 20 years old.

I think i might just buy some on ebay or craigslist to save some money -- why not?

checkout budgetgolf.com they have some real good prices on shoes. They also have an ebay store with great prices on some too. I just bought a pair of last years adidas powerband shoes for 45 bucks brand new

The FJ Icons look sweet, I'm actually looking to buy a pair myself actually.

The thing is, the FJs are quite expensive, and as they are classics, will you be wearing them when the weather turns bad? Like in the rain and stuff.

But I think they would be nice for a summer shoe or for special rounds etc, so maybe the Nike or Adidas would be a better choice come winter?

That's just my opinion really, hope it helps :)

I was originally thinking the FJ Icons, but like you said they are a little more expensive and I would be wearing them year round. But then I found out that Sport Authority has them for $159...

I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on those but I don't know I want to spend that much on shoes I'll probably wear a handful of times a year... and I usually prefer a sportier look overall...

I have quite a few pairs I wear with brown and tan shorts.

adidas Powerband 3.0s with brown
Nike Air Zoom Elite II with gold/brown
Nike Air Zoom with brown,white, and red.

And a few others.

I've had a pair of those adidas Tour 360 4.0s for about a month and I really think they might be the most comfortable golf shoes I've worn in the past 30 years. I'm told they run a little bit narrow, but can't really say. I will say though, that my normal size is 12M, and that felt a bit big in the store. I got 11.5W and they're perfect. I wear orthotics in my shoes, and made sure I could remove the adidas liner, footbed, whatever, and that the orthotics would fit, which they do. But I've never needed them. In my FJs and Etonics I've had to have the orthotics in just to survive 18 holes and would still have tired and/or sore feet afterward, but the adidas right out of the box have been great.

Last edited:
I was originally thinking the FJ Icons, but like you said they are a little more expensive and I would be wearing them year round. But then I found out that Sport Authority has them for $159...

I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on those but I don't know I want to spend that much on shoes I'll probably wear a handful of times a year... and I usually prefer a sportier look overall...

Everytime a FJ player wins (and they have the online contest that biggsy is so good about reminding us for) I put in for the snakeskin Icon Asymetricals. I would LOVE to game a pair of those!

$159!? Seriously? That's just over £100! I would say go for them then! If I don't recall falsely the price for the Adidas and the Nike are similar price right? If so, why not get something more for your money?

These are the ones I were looking at, and I'm quite tempted to buy aswell as it has been reduced from £200 to £139

http://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/FootJoy_Icon_Golf_Shoes_52187_Black_White_.html

I like those too, Steve... you have to have a half white half black pair of golf shoes in the rotation...

No question. Good shoes too. I just don't find them as comfortable as the adidas ones right now. I have the black and white icons that were featured in the Spring issue.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

No question. Good shoes too. I just don't find them as comfortable as the adidas ones right now. I have the black and white icons that were featured in the Spring issue.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Agreed...
I have a pair of the 360 LTD in white w/ black stripes and this years Adipures in black w/ white stripes and they are the most comfortable shoes I own...

Agreed...
I have a pair of the 360 LTD in white w/ black stripes and this years Adipures in black w/ white stripes and they are the most comfortable shoes I own...

Wait until you see the new adiPure Z that they unveiled to us at Bandon Dunes a few weeks ago. They are coming this fall. Absolutely awesome looking.

Wait until you see the new adiPure Z that they unveiled to us at Bandon Dunes a few weeks ago. They are coming this fall. Absolutely awesome looking.

You really know how to tease a guy... first the 2011 Sligo and now the new Adipures... you found my soft spots...

Thanks JB, I was just about snag a pair of the 4.0, hopefully I can fight it off until "Fall." Adidas has definetly won me back from FJ now that there are some good fitting Adidas shoes out there and I don't feel like I've got cinder blocks on my feet :)

Sounds good JB! I never tried Adidas shoes before, but I keep on being told that they are comfortable shoes to wear, so I might be tempted to try a set in the future! :)

Sounds good JB! I never tried Adidas shoes before, but I keep on being told that they are comfortable shoes to wear, so I might be tempted to try a set in the future! :)

The thing to remember is that not all shoes are created equally. For example. In 2010, adidas Golf completely revamped their shoe line. So while the Tour 360 3.0 and 4.0 may look similar, they are COMPLETELY different.

I would put the adidas 4.0 shoes against the Icon line any day of the week in comfort.

How do Footjoy shoes run in size versus Adidas....
Like someone mentioned, when I bought my last 2 pr of FJ shoes, instead of buying 8.5M's, I bouight 8.0W and could not be happier..
Just wondering if the same would be true for the Adidas line...

anyone that has tried both??

I tracked down some pics of the new adiPure Z's... I'm getting the all white ones for sure and I'll probably wear those with my browns and tans.
I've decided to stick w/ Adidas... My Adipure and 09 360 LTD are the most comfortable shoes I own. I'll probably stick with Adidas from here on out w/ the occasional addition for some more color in the arsenal.

How do Footjoy shoes run in size versus Adidas....
Like someone mentioned, when I bought my last 2 pr of FJ shoes, instead of buying 8.5M's, I bouight 8.0W and could not be happier..
Just wondering if the same would be true for the Adidas line...

anyone that has tried both??

Yes, I have. Until I got my adidas Tour360 4.0 pair (see above, cuz I don't know how to link-reference an earlier post) I'd been a diehard FJ wearer. I'm definitely not so sure anymore, and here comes JB talking about an even BETTER adidas shoe coming out soon! (JB -- need a tester? Huh? Huh?) I love the adidas. My normal size in all shoes -- golf, street and sneakers is 12M, and I tried that size in the adidas. I wound up getting 11.5W and they fit like they were made for me. The salescritter at Golf Galaxy told me that FJs in general run wide, while adidas run narrow. I can't really say, because FJ's site (at least it used to) describes the last and how it fits on what part of your foot. All I know is the adidas like my feet. A lot.

Back