Let's Talk Ludin's Club Gapping

Ludin

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Looking at my performance average of clubs from Shot Scope for the entirety of 2023 I wanted to get everyone else's opinion on any potential gapping issues or places for improvement. I am pretty naïve in what is appropriate so I would like everyone else's thoughts.

1698543616235.png

Looks like pretty good gaping to me. 10-12 yards per club all the way down. Little bigger gap at the wedges but at that point you start hitting some partial shots anyway

Looks like the 6 or 7 maybe has it's loft a bit off. The real thing that jumps out at me is the gap between PW and the 50. What is your PW loft?

Having the 4/5/6 iron all within 20 yards from 190+ seems a bit unnecessary especially when you have 20 yards from 50* to pw.

Would drop the 5i and add a 130ish yard club and maybe strengthen the pw a degree.

That is eerily similar to my own SS perf avg chart. I don't have a 4i in the bag and have one more wedge. Maybeeee a bit too much gap between your PW and 50 but possibly bend the 50 a deg or two stronger to close it up. Personally I prefer a little tighter than 10-12 yd gaps on the bottom end.

Last edited:
I’d take that all day long and twice on Sunday.

Gapping looks really great, if we’re micromanaging I’d do 1/2° strong on the 7i but that could just be 2 wayward shots for all we know, and strengthen the 4i a degree.

Looks pretty solid. You could maybe check the loft on the 6, 7, 8 because it is a bit tight in there. Also the 50 could maybe be strengthened a degree or two but overall pretty solid.

Looks like the 6 or 7 maybe has it's loft a bit off. The real thing that jumps out at me is the gap between PW and the 50. What is your PW loft?

Having the 4/5/6 iron all within 20 yards from 190+ seems a bit unnecessary especially when you have 20 yards from 50* to pw.

Would drop the 5i and add a 130ish yard club and maybe strengthen the pw a degree.

Gapping looks really great, if we’re micromanaging I’d do 1/2° strong on the 7i but that could just be 2 wayward shots for all we know, and strengthen the 4i a degree.

Looks pretty solid. You could maybe check the loft on the 6, 7, 8 because it is a bit tight in there. Also the 50 could maybe be strengthened a degree or two but overall pretty solid.

Thank you all. My PW is a 44 which is creating the gap there and that is a concern. As for the longer clubs exactly what I was thinking. One may be slightly off and then look at strengthening a tiny bit to increase the gap.

Pretty good gaps. I think you can fine tune the irons on a launch monitor for gaps that start closer to 10 and climb to 12-15 at the longest iron. But I would look into reducing the 3W-4i to 2 clubs so you have room for an extra wedge. 15-20 isn’t a terrible gap at the top end if your par 3s cooperate. And tighter gapping in what I consider a green light club in the wedges is always welcome.

Thank you all. My PW is a 44 which is creating the gap there and that is a concern. As for the longer clubs exactly what I was thinking. One may be slightly off and then look at strengthening a tiny bit to increase the gap.

My T100s have a 44* PW and a 48* GW. When I was playing those I went with 53* and 58* wedges and felt they worked well. I have thought about strengthening my 50* AW to 49*. Not a huge change but it would narrow my gapping a bit down there.

It’s ain’t what the gaps are as much as it’s KNOWING what the gaps are. I’d say you’ve got quite a data set there.

Back