Large THPer meet up?

So since likely looking ahead to potentially next year let’s get a vibe of places that would be most popular

Northwest
Southwest
South
Southeast
North
Northeast
Plains/Valley
Rockies area/Mountains
Mid Atlantic

(Feel free to mention states you are particularly interested in.

Also just get an idea of priorities for folks:

1) I want to play a top destination/bucket list course. It’s a vacation and THPers! Make it rain!

2) I want to play a very nice course. Doesn’t matter if it’s a bucket list/destination course though. Got a nice course and THPers I’m happy.

3) I’m good with a nicer regular course. I’m there mainly for THPers.

So since likely looking ahead to potentially next year let’s get a vibe of places that would be most popular

Northwest
Southwest
South
Southeast
North
Northeast
Plains/Valley
Rockies area/Mountains
Mid Atlantic

1) I want to play a top destination/bucket list course. It’s a vacation and THPers! Make it rain!

2) I want to play a very nice course. Doesn’t matter if it’s a bucket list/destination course though. Got a nice course and THPers I’m happy.

3. And huge bonus if near LA, Dallas, Chicago or Miami. As those I can travel to onboard our company easily.

Assuming a decent location and enough notice my guess is any larger gathering like this would still draw a ton of THP interest. @sposey013168 organized a couple in Branson/Springfield several years back that were both so successful he had to limit participation to 32 THPers IIRC? THPers traveled from the 4 corners of the country to attend. The appetite is still there if last weekend's gathering in AZ is any indication -same Texas attendees came to Branson those years.
I'd be down for a gathering in Branson. I've never played any of the great courses in the area.

This would be fun and something I’d be interested in.

Another idea I’d love to see is if someone had the skill set to set up an Ireland or Scotland golf trip. Courses, tee times, hotels, transportation, etc. I feel it would have to be someone who has done it before or lives over there.

This has me interested if somewhere in Texas. I am in the middle, so a days drive somewhere. Lots of people in Texas I would love to meet.

Depends time of year & destination .... but I'm in 👍 :cool:
Gavin Free Love GIF by Rooster Teeth

Northwest
Southwest
South
Southeast
North
Northeast
Plains/Valley
Rockies area/Mountains
Mid Atlantic

I'm a 3 hedging to a 2.

I've attended in the past and would be interested again. We had 50+ THP'ers from all over the country at a resort in FL years ago.

I think any location near a major airport would be easily accessible and get some traction. Something with onsite lodging is also needed. Check those boxes and offer an affordable all in price with a few rounds and people will come.

I’m good with Texas Missouri Colorado even Minnesota as I could work that into a work trip to South Dakota.

Northwest lower peninsula of MI would be a great place to meet up, loads of fantastic courses and resorts at a reasonable cost. ( IE Boyne, Shanty Creek, Treetops) Downside it it can be hard to drive there from points west. Its a long ride around the lakes.

I’m game for anywhere that has nice golf and lots of THPers. Something like the RTJ trail, or Branson, or Purcell Farms, or the place in MS that had the Morgan Cup a few years ago.

Well I see Texas getting thrown around a lot. Ft Worth is a two, hard driving days for us. These days, that's a little bit too far. Never say never though.

I would still prefer a pair of east , and west get togethers. I wouldn't expect any swag from anyone. Just show up, pay my green fee(s), make a few new friends and then drive back home.

As has been mentioned, THP used to host large groups, but the those kind of numbers just won't work for what the focus is now with the access to the industry.

Lots of people put on regular get togethers that can reach a good number of participants. We have the Gethering in Valdosta, GA every year. Jankfest just happen in Arizona. There's enough Ohio guys that all go out on the day the sun shines that it could be considered a gathering. Keep an eye out and I'm sure you can find a group to meet up with.
I might have to ride over to the Gethering from Savannah.

Intrigued by this. Will depend on dates and location for flights.

Back