L.A.B. Golf DF3 Putter

That's disappointing. I wish they had the coloured ones in the stores down here. Black only.
PGA SS has colors, GG is black finish only

Abc Yes GIF by The Bachelorette

IMG_2570.jpeg

@Jman I am guessing you are going to extend it. Did you get or are you going to get another presse grip to put on? So the shaft goes in at an angle? Or go something more conventional?

@Jman I am guessing you are going to extend it. Did you get or are you going to get another presse grip to put on? So the shaft goes in at an angle? Or go something more conventional?
That's what my reservation is with buying off the shelf. Would need to get extra grips to do so, as I really like the feel of the press grip.

I’ve rolled a DF 2.1 with a standard grip and it was a nightmare because I don’t press. So this will stay at 35 while I tinker, WITH the pistol press grip that’s on it. If I extend I’ll pull it and reinstall.

Honestly, I think if people who press would move to one of these grips, they’d be a lot more consistent, because it is consistent and doesn’t vary

IMG_2571.jpegIMG_2572.jpegIMG_2573.jpegIMG_2574.jpegIMG_2575.jpegIMG_2576.jpeg

That's what my reservation is with buying off the shelf. Would need to get extra grips to do so, as I really like the feel of the press grip.
PGA SS sells the press grips in store too FYI 👀

Go figure today was the one day I didnt go check out the grips. Always snag a few longer SS to keep in the hoard for when I start tinkering.

we must have gotten unlucky...I looked when we were in SA for the pistol one.

IMG_2577.jpeg

I need someone to make an aftermarket headcover for this putter. I know Hatch had some prototypes they were trying out.

I need someone to make an aftermarket headcover for this putter. I know Hatch had some prototypes they were trying out.
They did a pre-order for them and they did pretty will. Will be more to come.

There’s another company that has some, but imo, they’re pretty terrible.

Took this to the practice green for a little bit today. Rolls the ball extremely well. The sound on the DF3 is way better than the DF2.1. I used the Titleist -ProV1x. This combo has a firm feeling with a deep thud/tock noise. Speed control was good. I need some practice with lag putting. The press grip is good. It will take some getting used to.

Took this to the practice green for a little bit today. Rolls the ball extremely well. The sound on the DF3 is way better than the DF2.1. I used the Titleist -ProV1x. This combo has a firm feeling with a deep thud/tock noise. Speed control was good. I need some practice with lag putting. The press grip is good. It will take some getting used to.

Just relax and let the putter do its thing. I experimented with ball position. For me, the shaft is planted in the middle of the stance so the face is not at the lead big toe but an inch or so back. Experiment with it.

Like I've said in previous posts, this is not a traditional putter. No need to worry about opening or closing the face. I found it best to use a right shoulder back, left shoulder back motion without movement of the chest, and no involvement of the hands or wrists. Let the putter works its magic. Just relax, don't be stiff, and Good luck.

This is the same way it was for me. I agree with Desmond and keep the shaft in the center of my stance. I was consistently short on lag putting until I started making a bigger swing and not muscling it.

Just relax and let the putter do its thing. I experimented with ball position. For me, the shaft is planted in the middle of the stance so the face is not at the lead big toe but an inch or so back. Experiment with it.

Like I've said in previous posts, this is not a traditional putter. No need to worry about opening or closing the face. I found it best to use a right shoulder back, left shoulder back motion without movement of the chest, and no involvement of the hands or wrists. Let the putter works its magic. Just relax, don't be stiff, and Good luck.
Good news for me. I never manipulated the putter head much. Tried to keep it square as possible.

With the way m

well now, I need to think on this a whole lot more. I try not to manipulate the club face yet push and pull putts constantly. If this mitigates those small micro hand manipulations that I do it would be so worth it. I’m a champ at pulling and pushing 2-4 foot putts.

With the way m

well now, I need to think on this a whole lot more. I try not to manipulate the club face yet push and pull putts constantly. If this mitigates those small micro hand manipulations that I do it would be so worth it. I’m a champ at pulling and pushing 2-4 foot putts.
Practice with no thumbs. One of the best drills you can do.

Back