BIRDOG

Reaction score
Handicap
I want my 10 year old girl to start using a bigger driver (460cc instead of the smaller US KIDS one she is using) in hopes that she gets more distance.
Last year one her teammates had a Wilson her dad got for her, talking with him he said he talked with a Wilson rep and came up with a really good shaft pairing but I can't remember what the shaft was or what length it was cut down to.
Question is if anyone here has done something similar or can point me in the right direction.
My kid is 55'' tall and 70lbs she's using the US kids purple driver now and she's hitting it about 110 maxing out to 124 yds.In comparison, her teammate is lighter and 2 or 3'' shorter and was smoking this thing.

Any help is appreciated

My kid is bigger (60"/95 lbs), but loves the Ping G812. He does so well with it that several other kids in his junior league now have the same driver.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?88961-Ping-G812-Driver

It's main downfall is that it's not adjustable and only comes in one length. I know the dad of one of the girls in the league that bought one actually cut it down 2" for his child.

Another option that has several shaft lengths to choose from is Cobra's F7 Junior:

http://www.cobragolf.com/king-f7-junior-driver

My son wasn't able to try Cobra's option at the time because the store was sold out. The Ping was significantly better for him than his previous US Kids TS57 driver - longer, higher, less spin, straighter, etc...

Did you check out the TS-57 driver from USKG? If I remember right it's a 460cc head with a slightly stiffer shaft. My son moved to this driver a few months prior to his growth spurt. It was a good filler while he grew taller and stronger. Cobra's Junior drivers felt a little stiffer than the Tournament Series according to my son. From UL to TS he gained about 20-30 yards. He really liked the feel and additional distance. I can't give you an idea of the Cobra because we saw that after I moved him into adult clubs.

Have a look at the cobra jr drivers. I just bought my son a Fly Z jr. I cut down the shaft to his length and changed the loft to 13.5. He said its feels no different then his 350 cc driver and he swings it good. We go to the range this weekend to see how he hits it.

My 8 year old is 56".

Look for 440cc heads. I have my son in a Nike Vapor Pro. His first driver after USKG was a Covert Tour. They are lighter and have the address appearance of a smaller head. The Taylormade sldr is a 440, but it's super low spin head.

As for shafts, anything lady flex, or even senior flex, un-tipped, and butt trimmed will be fine. I do recommend though, figuring out what shaft weight gets her the best results.

Oh the vapor flex is 440 too.

Oh.h diamond tour golf has radix and kujoh shafts on sale.

Last edited:
Back