Just got a Nitron for Xmas - any accessory recommendations?

xcman04

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Got a Bag Boy Nitron push cart for Xmas and I’m super stoked, especially as my CaddyLite lost a screw and needed a tee inserted in the bottom wheel section to keep it going. Seems people’s opinions of this push cart is very high which is great to see😀. Any recommendations on possible accessories? Hoping to rock this cart for a long time so curious if folks think any accessory is a must have.

The extended umbrella holder helps out a lot.

Do you have a bag boy or datrek bag? Everything I've read and heard from here is that the top lock system is amazing between your Nitron and those bags.

The extended umbrella holder. Also, depending on how you plan to store it, the carry bag is very useful.

@echico has a few recommendations

Original review - Link

Ok, I have gotten this cart out a few times and will give a final review. I along with others are around for any questions but for the most part I have seen what this cart can do and am super impressed. I will note once the cart is loaded up and ready the walking experience really doesn't change that much for me from using this push cart or my old Clicgear. The 2 things that are different are probably a me thing. First the umbrella holder being on the side of the cart instead of the middle works much better for me. Second my stand bag did not try to turn to the side as I walked with the cart. Other than that my experience walking was no different from other push carts. Well the large storage bag under the console is nice too.

I will also add some cons as there are things I just wish were done a little better and I didn't have these on my initial review.
1. No tee holder on the console - I stick tees in my hat anyway so not huge deal
2. I haven't really found a comfortable way of keeping score on the console with the my phone in the mount. This may just be the way it is with a big phone right in the middle but I use a scorecard holder most of the time anyway.
3. Weaker magnets on the console door and golf balls are not very secure in the golf ball holder. Not a huge issue for me but not as nice as the Clicgear system either.

I felt the thing that really sways me toward recommending the Nitron over other push carts is the cost, weight, ease of use with stand bag, and open/close mechanism. I have used a Clicgear for many years and have not had any issues with the cart except how I had to monkey around with it to make my stand bag work. I highly recommend first that more people walk and get a push cart and the Nitron would be my push cart recommendation at this point.

These are the accessories I would recommend getting with the Nitron.
1. Carry bag ($50) - It is a bit cumbersome at first but once you figure out how to get the cart in and out is it nice to have a clean trunk.
2. Umbrella holder ($30) - The upgraded umbrella holder is worth the money as it locks the umbrella in place and has more range on motion.
3. Sand bottle ($15) - Take care of the course and it will take care of you.
4. Clicgear accessory mount ($1) - Link This mount fits on the tube nicely and allows for you to use clicgear accessories if you wish (Example)
5. Clicgear XL Cup Holder ($15) - The cup holder I use to carry speaker.

I did not have to buy any extra accessories to hold my cell phone and don't think I will be purchasing the cooler as I can use a standard lunch box cooler pretty effectively.

Again if there are any questions that people have then fire away we are here to answer them.

1. Umbrella holder
2. Sand bottle
3. Travel bag
4. Cooler

Thanks for all the suggestions - greatly appreciated! I was able to take the Nitron out on its maiden voyage and it was amazing - works just as well as advertised. I do have a couple of very minor issues - the cell phone holder doesn’t do the greatest job on longer phones (my phone kept getting locked over by my driver head over) and I would love the cup holder to be able to better handle taller beverages - but I’m super happy with this. Everything else about the cart was amazing and I’d recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat. Night and day difference from my previous cart.

I’ll definitely be getting some of the accessories suggested above soon!

Also, depending on how you plan to store it, the carry bag is very useful.
My trunk wishes I would have gotten a carry bag for mine. I'd recommend it.

Do you have a bag boy or datrek bag? Everything I've read and heard from here is that the top lock system is amazing between your Nitron and those bags.

I do not - I have a Sun Mountain C-130 bag, but the top lock system still seems to work nicely and keeps my bag firmly in place, which is a big upgrade over my last cart where my bag always tiled.

The umbrella holder for sure.

With taller cups adjusting the angle of the handle (flatter) helps keep them level.

With the C-130 bag (I have this too...for now) I grab out whatever I'll need in the round for tees, balls, etc and put that stuff in the handle bin. Then I load the bag onto the cart front side down. This lets the clubs hang more naturally and your driver won't get in the way of stuff on the cart handle. Putter is still easy to access.

The umbrella holder for sure.

With taller cups adjusting the angle of the handle (flatter) helps keep them level.

With the C-130 bag (I have this too...for now) I grab out whatever I'll need in the round for tees, balls, etc and put that stuff in the handle bin. Then I load the bag onto the cart front side down. This lets the clubs hang more naturally and your driver won't get in the way of stuff on the cart handle. Putter is still easy to access.

Bag upside down sounds like a GENIUS idea! Never would have ever thought of that - I’ll try that for sure next round!

My trunk wishes I would have gotten a carry bag for mine. I'd recommend it.
After a sloshy day in Ohio... Nothing says best buy than zipping up all the grossness and keeping the car clean in the carry bag...
Al5hought I looked like a bafoon puzzled by how to approach putting It on. But literally fits like a glove. No need to touch any mud or anything...

Got it home and spritz it off to looking new again.

Back