Just curious - question about tees? Have you ever seen a professional use anything other than a standard, ordinary, traditional tee style/shape?

jackod

Reaction score
Just curious - question about tees? Have you ever seen a professional use anything other than a standard, ordinary, traditional tee shape (could be wood or plastic)?

With all the different "tee" choices available for longer, straighter, more control, etc I have never seen a professional use anything but a standard tee shape - have you?

Nope never, they are all gimmicks to help the average golfer...allegedly

Nope. I rarely ever seen a pro using anything but a white ball either.

Fairly conservative and traditional in terms of those kind of accessories.

I've played with a few that played the promo ones of the company they were with. Like that company name on the side of a Tour Tee. Couple companies make a loss of those. I asked one specifically about it and he said he liked them but doesn't use them in comp. Mental thing. Been playing standard tees his whole competitive career ever since he was a kid.

Now that you mention it, not that I can think of. Just regular white tees from what I can tell.

I know Tiger once said he used different ltee heights for shot shaping. He held up a regular, white, longer tee during the interview.

I use what they call a Martini Tee. It's made out of plastic, has a large diameter, shallow bowl, and will last darn near for ever. A pack of 5 has lasted me well over a year. Still have a couple of new ones left.

My Granddaughters' highschool golf coach suggested they use them. They hit me up for some. That's how I found out about them. I use them because they last so long.

I was always just a plain wood tee kind of guy, along with most of my regular crew, which included some club and teaching pros.. Then decades later my kid got me playing a Martini for a while. Didnt really care for it after a while. Lately I have been playing Castle Tees. Why? Because I have them.........

The only other method , other than white tees, that I’ve ever seen: Some pros will whack the toe of an iron into the ground to kick up a lump of sod on the tee box and use that to place the ball on. Laura Davies, Shane Lowry most notably…

Martini Tees are great for windy days. The wind doesn't mess with my light foam practice balls!

They are just the right size to fit in the hole of a broken Flight Deck rubber tee!
Cheaper than buying replacement rubber tees for my Flight Deck.

Last edited:
Now that you mention it, not that I can think of. Just regular white tees from what I can tell.

I know Tiger once said he used different ltee heights for shot shaping. He held up a regular, white, longer tee during the interview.

I use what they call a Martini Tee. It's made out of plastic, has a large diameter, shallow bowl, and will last darn near for ever. A pack of 5 has lasted me well over a year. Still have a couple of new ones left.

My Granddaughters' highschool golf coach suggested they use them. They hit me up for some. That's how I found out about them. I use them because they last so long.

The Martinis are invincibile.

Back