JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Any thoughts to this trade?

The nuggets must have needed another power forward and they picked up a point guard in the trade for Iverson. Maybe AI was getting a bit too hard to handle and wasn't feeding the muscle guys as much as he should have. 20 pts per game is a heck of a scoring average for a point guard, could mean he's not rewarding the bigger guys for all their hard work under and around the inner zone. Doesn't take much to upset the egos of elite athletes. In BB its all about the team not one player.

I can't figure out why the Nuggets traded Iverson. Billups is on the backside of his career and the rumor is they are going to buy out Mcdyess' contract, he won't be playing for them.

Some people think the Pistons are opening salary cap room to make a run at King James in 2010.

Should be interesting to see how it works out for Denver, I can't see how it will benefit Carmelo.

• Admin
Billups will play defense and deliver the ball. Iverson does neither of those. For Detroit it was a cap move. For Denver it was a move to win the west THIS YEAR. Which they wont do.

I hear ya about Iverson and the defense, he is fun to watch though.

Think it will be the Lakers again this year? I'm not ready to watch NBA yet, usually around Christmas I will start paying attention to it.

• Admin
No, I dont think the Kobes will go again. THey went based on things falling their way. There are a few players that just wont win a title without help. Kobe, Iverson, Carmelo, etc...They do not know how to get players involved enough.

In todays NBA, the zone defenses dont allow a Jordan like performance to win a championship.

Back