Is Nelly Korda the best golfer in the world?

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
I posted a thread about Korda vs Scheffler and their wins, but that got me thinking... Nelly Korda is on a 5 win streak, and crushed her second major...

Is Nelly Korda the best golfer out there right now?

I think so.

Idk. Hard to argue. Best swing in the world right now, though.

That was fun to watch earlier.

She is easily the best female golfer at this time.

Can't say she is. Scottie is facing better competition every week, on the same streak with a 5 shot lead at a course that shouldn't fit his bomber style

I think it is impossible to say that she is better than Scheffler and vice versa. Both are on historic, dominant runs. I'm sure many will say that the Masters carries more weight than the Chevron but it does not to their respective tours.

Scottie Scheffler is a nonchalant missed side saddle putt in Houston to be going for 5 in a row as well.

Mind blowing the quality of golf being played by these two

It's impossible to directly compare Scottie and Nelly because of the differences in the two tours. Compared to their respective competition though, they are strikingly similar and both completely dominant at the moment.

Hard to say, because to be the best golfer in the world, it would mean beating all other golfers or having the chance to.
She wouldnt make most cuts on the PGA Tour I wouldnt imagine.

But that isn't to take away from the incredible golf she is playing. Every few years it appears we get these dominant runs on the LPGA and hers is as good as I can remember.

Outside of Scottie she is the hottest right now. 👀

She’s clearly the best women’s golfer, but I’m not sure she could be considered the best golfer, given my definition of “best”.

If she played on equal conditions and set up. Your top men’s college players blow the doors off her scores. So no, she is not the best. But let’s not ruin what is an awesome run..

I posted a thread about Korda vs Scheffler and their wins, but that got me thinking... Nelly Korda is on a 5 win streak, and crushed her second major...

I think so.
No

7 weeks off while the others were playing in Asia didn't hurt her amazing run.

I think so.
Who would you pick if they played each other? There is your answer.

Incredible swing. Definitely a huge fan of Nelly's. Hope to see the streak continue.

If they played a match against each other where they both teed off from their normal sets of tees, I still think Scottie would trounce her. She is definitely the best female golfer right now, but the guys just have a biological advantage over women in pretty much any sport you can think of. I'm not sure she could beat any of the guys in the top 25 OWGR, much less Scottie. She might have a chance if she played at like 5,500 yards and the guy played from >7,000 yards, but it would still be a longshot.

Would have never known it was her if my wife hadn’t told me.

A3CDA414-D5FA-46AE-824C-6648E161173F.jpeg

I dont know. Make it a fair match on her own tees. I think its a lot closer then you think. Golf is one of those sports where you can make a fair skill for skill match that could be pretty interesting. Her short game is great, and she hits it pretty dang long.

Id love to seem them play a major at Augusta someday, that might clear it up a bit. If she can show -13 after 4 rounds at Augusta under that pressure, then we got something here. Again appropriate tees and I think its a closer match then most would think.

Back