Rob Wedge

Jersey
Reaction score
Handicap
Not sure
Hey GLP. Finally think I have my new irons narrowed down to MP53's. Been playing PING S58's for close to 6 years now and just needed a change. Hit just about every club out on the market right now and kept coming back to the MP53's, even over the MP59's. The only thing I do not like about them is the size of the head from 8 - PW. Just looks to big to me. Has anyone done a combo with these 3-7 and the 69's 8-PW? The lofts are the same so I should not have a problem with any distance gaps.

I have not really hit any Mizunos. For no particular reason. So I cant comment on them

but...

Have you looked at the Bstone J40 line?

I dont have a lot to assist with, but what is GLP?

I have not really hit any Mizunos. For no particular reason. So I cant comment on them

but...

Have you looked at the Bstone J40 line?
they be money!

You know, the one club I didn't hit was the J40 DPC's. I tried the normal cavity back ones and really wasn't a fan of it so just never did. May have to go back and try the DPC's though now. My second choice clubs were the Adams MB2's and it took me numerous visits just to decide on the MP's over them. Kind of hoping that I don't like the DPC's so it doesn't take me another month of pondering.

I dont have a lot to assist with, but what is GLP?

Ha, thats funny. Its another site I visit and just came from it so it was stuck on my mind.

Golf loving people? Ghe Lackers Paradise?

probably this one..

i'd recommend trying...
if you can find any...
-TM R7 TP
-TM R9 TP
-TM R11
-TM RocketBladez
-BStone J40 DPC
-Titleist AP1
-Adams CB3
-Adams CB2

if you don't like any of those, you'll just have to hit everything you see just to be sure.
but honestly, if you can find a deal on, say, craigslist for R7 TP irons (i wouldn't spend more than $200 for a decent set), and you can get the seller to let you hit them at a range, you will love them. I have swung just about every new iron out, and my R7 TP's always go just as far (and as straight), if not further (and straighter)!

Just my 2 pennies.

You know, the one club I didn't hit was the J40 DPC's. I tried the normal cavity back ones and really wasn't a fan of it so just never did. May have to go back and try the DPC's though now. My second choice clubs were the Adams MB2's and it took me numerous visits just to decide on the MP's over them. Kind of hoping that I don't like the DPC's so it doesn't take me another month of pondering.

bagging the DPC's now, had S56's. smooth, very happy. 2 solid rounds under belt.

probably this one..

i'd recommend trying...
if you can find any...
-TM R7 TP
-TM R9 TP
-TM R11
-TM RocketBladez
-BStone J40 DPC
-Titleist AP1
-Adams CB3
-Adams CB2

if you don't like any of those, you'll just have to hit everything you see just to be sure.
but honestly, if you can find a deal on, say, craigslist for R7 TP irons (i wouldn't spend more than $200 for a decent set), and you can get the seller to let you hit them at a range, you will love them. I have swung just about every new iron out, and my R7 TP's always go just as far (and as straight), if not further (and straighter)!

Just my 2 pennies.
I work a block away from a golf shop so I have had the chance to hit all of those except the R7/R9's, the DPC's and the CB2's. Not really a fan of TM's and had the worst numbers on the TrackMan with the AP1's. Think at this point I'm going to wait for the DPC's to try on the monitor and make a decision. I'm driving myself crazy with all these choices and I'm sure the fitter at the shop is starting to get sick of me as well :)

I work a block away from a golf shop so I have had the chance to hit all of those except the R7/R9's, the DPC's and the CB2's. Not really a fan of TM's and had the worst numbers on the TrackMan with the AP1's. Think at this point I'm going to wait for the DPC's to try on the monitor and make a decision. I'm driving myself crazy with all these choices and I'm sure the fitter at the shop is starting to get sick of me as well :)

that's cool, but just from my experience, just about every single person who's hit my irons loved 'em.

What golf shop? NY Golf is closing, and that was the only one I was aware of in the area!

What golf shop? NY Golf is closing, and that was the only one I was aware of in the area!

I work up in MidTown Manhattan so I go to one up there. I did hear about the one on RT1 closing though, do you know if they are having any sales? That stinks because it was right around the corner from where I live. Where in Mercer do you play? I'm usually at either East or Mountain View.

I work up in MidTown Manhattan so I go to one up there. I did hear about the one on RT1 closing though, do you know if they are having any sales? That stinks because it was right around the corner from where I live. Where in Mercer do you play? I'm usually at either East or Mountain View.

Their going out of business prices are no better than regular sales prices at other places. Stopped by Monday and was very disappointed.

I usually play at those 3 courses, too. Played the East on Saturday and I'm playing Mountain View this coming Saturday.

Why not do 53's from 3 to 7 and 64's from 8 to PW? That should blend nicely.

If you find the 8-PW to be too big, you could always do a combo set with 69s in the 8-PW. They do have a smaller head that you may like better.

Their going out of business prices are no better than regular sales prices at other places. Stopped by Monday and was very disappointed.

I usually play at those 3 courses, too. Played the East on Saturday and I'm playing Mountain View this coming Saturday.
Would love to get out this weekend, suppose to be in the 60's. Wife's birthday weekend though and I don't feel like getting murdered in my sleep. How was the East looking?

If you find the 8-PW to be too big, you could always do a combo set with 69s in the 8-PW. They do have a smaller head that you may like better.

That's actually what my question was in the first post. Was trying to see if anyone has done this combo yet. Played my brothers 68's last year for a little bit and fell in love with them. Just like the little bit of more forgiveness in the 53'3 5-3irons.

Would love to get out this weekend, suppose to be in the 60's. Wife's birthday weekend though and I don't feel like getting murdered in my sleep. How was the East looking?

East was in great shape except for the ground (including the greens and bunkers) being frozen about until we made the turn!

Is GLP the conspiracy forum? Google just told me that it might be.

Quick question, why is it a problem is the head looks bigger? Those are still some smaller heads. I couldn't imagine they are giagantic.

But a blended set would give you all that you desire. Some MP-59s or even 63s for the short irons would nice. Almost like Nike and their VR Pro Combo set.

Is GLP the conspiracy forum? Google just told me that it might be.

Quick question, why is it a problem is the head looks bigger? Those are still some smaller heads. I couldn't imagine they are giagantic.

But a blended set would give you all that you desire. Some MP-59s or even 63s for the short irons would nice. Almost like Nike and their VR Pro Combo set.

Its actually Good Laboratory Practice forum. They weren't that much bigger but for me they just didn't seem to "fit".
[h=1][/h]

Its actually Good Laboratory Practice forum. They weren't that much bigger but for me they just didn't seem to "fit".
[h=1][/h]

To each their own with the "fit". But blending a set isn't a bad idea. I don't know if I see a problem with it.

East was in great shape except for the ground (including the greens and bunkers) being frozen about until we made the turn!

That's great to hear about it still being in good shape. May have to play hooky from work one the next nice day.

have you thought about the mp 64's?

have you thought about the mp 64's?

I did try them and my numbers with the 53's were much better. Actually no other clubs really came close to dispersion and distance control. Was even better then the clubs I had been playing for the last 6 years.

Back