In Phoenix Area May 13th - Anyone want to tee it up?

SkiBumGolfer

Tremendous slouch
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have a work trip I'll be doing to Casa Grande for May 14-15, and I'll be flying in the 13th and flying out early the 16th, staying in Chandler. Toying with the idea of squeezing in a round the afternoon of Monday, May 13th - any THPers available and interested in teeing it up with your east coast THP brethren??

Hoping to be landing in Phoenix a little before noon, so likely looking at a 1:30-2:00PM tee time if flight is on time. I am open to whatever course (recommendations appreciated), but I will need to be back in the Chandler area probably by 6:30 ish to meet coworkers, so ideally would want to keep it south of Phoenix. Also I won't have a rental car (riding with coworkers who are getting in later), so would likely be Ubering to the golf course from the airport unless an interested party could give me a lift (no pressure of course).

Anywho, let me know if you're interested! If it works out that would be awesome, but I understand a Monday afternoon is not ideal for most work schedules!

EDIT: I might have a rental car after all, which would make life easier. TBD though.

Last edited:
You don't want to golf with those pesky AZ guys

Hopefully someone takes you up on getting out for a round!!!

You don't want to golf with those pesky AZ guys

Hopefully someone takes you up on getting out for a round!!!
Arrested Development Mistake GIF

1:30 to 6:30 is tight to get from course to meet and greet. Mondays should be OK for pace but can't guarantee anything. Also you will stink because it will be over 90 and you will sweat. Getting a shower in adds complications.

Courses to look at

Raven/Legacy - close to airport but a bit of a drive to Chandler. You will have to get on 10 in rush hour
Whirlwind - Closer to Chandler but again getting back to Chandler will have some traffic
Chandler courses leave a lot to be desired. If you are looking at downtown Chandler then San Marcos is there. I have played it a couple of times and it is fine but not exactly a destination course. Other side of Chandler has Ocotillo, Bear Creek, and Lone Tree all of which may require some bribing to get an AZ person to go play them. :ROFLMAO:

I will be at the Data Experience so I am out.

1:30 to 6:30 is tight to get from course to meet and greet. Mondays should be OK for pace but can't guarantee anything. Also you will stink because it will be over 90 and you will sweat. Getting a shower in adds complications.

Courses to look at

Raven/Legacy - close to airport but a bit of a drive to Chandler. You will have to get on 10 in rush hour
Whirlwind - Closer to Chandler but again getting back to Chandler will have some traffic
Chandler courses leave a lot to be desired. If you are looking at downtown Chandler then San Marcos is there. I have played it a couple of times and it is fine but not exactly a destination course. Other side of Chandler has Ocotillo, Bear Creek, and Lone Tree all of which may require some bribing to get an AZ person to go play them. :ROFLMAO:

I will be at the Data Experience so I am out.
Thanks for the reco's man! As far as the meet and greet, I think that's fairly flexible. My coworkers are supposed to land in Phoenix at 6, so my thought was kinda to get back to Chandler by 6:30 to allow myself some time to get cleaned up.

I'll take a look at those options as far as courses too, thank you! At a quick googling both Raven and Whirlwind look beautiful.

I'd love to have a Titleist Experience reunion, but I won't be able to get up there on the 13th. My suggestion is Raven GC, although it might be a slow drive to Chandler afterwards. Enjoy your visit in AZ!

I'd love to have a Titleist Experience reunion, but I won't be able to get up there on the 13th. My suggestion is Raven GC, although it might be a slow drive to Chandler afterwards. Enjoy your visit in AZ!
Dang would love to tee it up with you dude! Another time hopefully!

I have some corporate visitors in town the week before, but if things go well, they leave on 5/10. I can’t really commit this early, but I am interested. The timeline will be pretty tight; most rounds in the area are close to 4.5 hours. Sometimes in the hot afternoons, you can get around pretty quick

Little bump to see if any other AZ THPers might be interested.

Unfortunately I have to work. I’d much rather be playing golf with you.

Did someone say Titleist reunion?

Back