In between driver shaft flexes. Need help. Please.

Marengo

Reaction score
Handicap
I need some help figuring out what to do regarding my driver shaft. I have a SS of about 91mph which puts me somewhere between a regular and stiff I think.

I have trouble getting the ball in the air so I initially went with a Fujikura Fit-on Max 56 S. The shaft did help me get the ballflight a little higher but I think it may be too stiff. My miss is a push to the right. I have a fairly smooth transition and I dont think I load the shaft properly.

I just picked up a RIP Beta 60R and I have a low flight with a draw/hook. I think this may not be stiff enough for me.

Is there a way to stiffen up the RIP without lowering the launch of the shaft. I wanted to tip it to stiffen it up a bit but I have been reading that this will also raise the kick point thus lowering the launch which I do not want.

Am I just screwed with both shafts or can either be saved/altered to fit my swing? I have been through 3 different shafts and I am tired of buying new ones to try out.

What made you go for those particular shafts? The RIP is known to be tip-stiff, which generally leads to lower trajectory. I'm not too sure about the Fujikura, but with a swing speed of 91 mph, you should be swinging a regular flex. (In general) It sounds like you need a shaft that will promote a higher launch. The Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue would be a good starting point. It has a softer tip, which will help create a higher trajectory.

In reality, getting fit for a shaft would be the best way to go about things. You need to match up the clubhead to the shaft to optimize performance. Any advice I give might not work for you because every person is different.

What made you go for those particular shafts? The RIP is known to be tip-stiff, which generally leads to lower trajectory. I'm not too sure about the Fujikura, but with a swing speed of 91 mph, you should be swinging a regular flex. (In general) It sounds like you need a shaft that will promote a higher launch. The Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue would be a good starting point. It has a softer tip, which will help create a higher trajectory.

In reality, getting fit for a shaft would be the best way to go about things. You need to match up the clubhead to the shaft to optimize performance. Any advice I give might not work for you because every person is different.

I agree with all aspects of this answer.

Back