I need a hat/cap hanger!

Gummi Bear

Sporadic Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Bean Dip
I've got about 30 or so hats that I really like, and wear regularly, but storing them is a pain, and storage space is at a premium.

I don't want a coat tree, nor do I want one of those expanding peg things.

I'm envisioning something like this:

24156543-7720-4adf-96c3-1ba77cad9457_300.jpg

Perfect Curve Over the Door Cap Rack- Holds up to 36 Caps - 00334A at The Home Depot

Anyone have any experience with these?

One brand better than another?

Are they a pain to get your favorites from the middle of the rack?

I had that exact one from that exact store GB. Getting hats out was never an issue, but it did not hold enough for me. While it says it held 36 hats, in reality it held about 18. When you fill it up it can be an issue getting them off (or was for me) but with 15-18 I had no issues.

The only other problem I had with it was that when you open and close the door, the thing moved and scuffed the door slightly. Not a big problem if you are careful of course. When we moved we now had the space and I used the top shelf of my closet. But with space issues, I would think it would work for you quite well. You might start with one and if you experience the issues I had, you can add a 2nd one.

701092625_CYF7k-L.jpg

I'm with JB on this one. I use the upper echelons of my closet for my hats as well. it's space that typically hold empty shoe boxes and other random things. I spent about 1/2 a day cleaning that up/out and now have the perfect place for hats.

BTW, JB that's a sweet closet. Seems as though you have a different outfit for the course for every day. That's awesome!

You guys are making me jelous...

I would love nothing more than to be able to lay my caps out like y'all have, but my closet is 3' x 6', and my wife and I share it.

I can only keep seasonal clothes in there, the rest has to go in storage totes under the bed.

My BF has one of those, he has over 30+ hats on them and was able to fit them all in there somehow! It just hangs right over the door.

I have one, but our door is too tight at the top to close with it on there and we like to keep the kitty out, lol. Hats, kitty, hats, kitty... sorry Oreo. hehe

Back